Executives and their teams need the skills, network, and increased expertise to achieve community impact goals while delivering value to the organization. The Rutgers Institute for Ethical Leadership, in partnership with the Governance & Accountability Institute, Inc., offers a two-day, deep dive into Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and the related fields of philanthropy, sustainability, risk management, and ethics.
Benefits of the Program
In this program, participants explore CSR models and best practices that successful companies are using to drive business and social value across the organization and the community. Expect case studies and group work that allow for a high level of engagement and active learning. Network with CSR colleagues, leaders, and independent experts to confer about current views in CSR practice and build a valuable network of thought leaders and funding partners.
- The Ethics of Corporate Responsibility
- Industry Specific Metrics and Measurements
- Sustainable Development Goals
- CSR Trends – Locally, Nationally and Internationally
- CSR Through the Investor Lens
- Materiality - Identify & Focus on Strategic ESG Issues
- Supply Chain Sustainability
Who will Attend
- Leaders and Staff of corporate foundations or corporate giving programs
- Corporate Professionals with responsibilities that include corporate community involvement, corporate citizenship, corporate social responsibility, community relations, employee engagement, volunteer management, public affairs, or corporate communication
- CSR Teams or departments
- Individuals interested in transferring into the field
The CSR function can be located in various departments, from philanthropy to corporate sponsorship, sustainability, and sometimes directly in the chairman’s office. Titles for those responsible for the function likewise are diverse.
The 2-Day Certificate Program takes place at 15 Washington Street, Newark, NJ 07102, the newly restored historic treasure at Rutgers University-Newark, complete with WiFi access. The building is minutes from major Hotels, Newark Airport, Broad Street Train Station and Newark Penn Station with access to NJ Transit and the PATH lines. The updated building is ADA compliant.
Included in the program cost: breakfast, lunch, Tuesday evening dinner, and course materials.
Continuing Education Units (CEU)
For interested participants, this program offers 1 general CEU credit for the 2-day program