The Black and Latino Urban Entrepreneurship - Retail Acceleration Program (BLUE-RAP) is an exclusive program designed specifically for Black and Latino entrepreneurs who:
- currently operate a retail or restaurant business in New Jersey and
- are interested in opening a new retail store or restaurant
Participants accepted to this program will:
- Gain business management skills to successfully expand their business operations and financial growth that will result in business expansion and the possibility of opening additional locations
- Receive personal/individual business and financial coaching
- Visit two retail locations that successfully have created a robust infrastructure of continuous improvement and financial growth
- Opportunity to have Rutgers Business School students work on helping the participant solve a business problem
- Become part of the Rutgers CUEED network
Learn more about BLUE-RAP by attending an information session. The next information session is on January 23 at 9:30am at the Mary McLeod Bethune Life Center, 140 Martin Luther King Drive, Jersey City. Please RSVP at firstname.lastname@example.org or 973-353-5987.
- Have an existing retail or restaurant business (operational for at least 3 years)
- Business is located in New Jersey, preferably Hudson or Essex County
- BLUE-RAP is targeted towards Black and Latino small business owners, however all business owners will be considered
BLUE-RAP is funded by generous grants made by the following corporations:
BLUE-RAP is a partnership between The Center for Urban Entrepreneurship and Economic Development (CUEED) at Rutgers Business School and Save Latin America, a New Jersey based non-profit organization (SLA).