Learn how to create an online shop for your craft products
Do you already make custom jewelry, decorative home items, or other handmade products for sale or gift giving? If so, this course will teach you how to start an online shop for your unique line of handcrafted items.
In partnership with Etsy, a leader in e-commerce for creative entrepreneurs The Center for Urban Entrepreneurship & Economic Development (CUEED) is offering classes to help craft makers like you establish an online business to sell your products to a wider market and earn extra income.
The Craft Entrepreneurship class is taught by a successful online craft seller Becky Garcia, who will coach and support participants through every aspect of setting up their online shops. Using Etsy as a learning lab, the instructor will share best practices on topics that impact new sellers most, including time management, branding, pricing, shipping, and photography, to help them earn supplemental income through their craft business. To minimize startup costs, students will be given the opportunity to list 20 items for sale for free on Etsy.com. More information about the instructor can be found on her website.
- Have at least one handmade craft item ready to sell, and an idea for a related line of products.
- Commit to attending 2 hour evening sessions on Tuesdays from September 15 – October 6 and Saturday October 10 for 5 hours
- Reside in New Jersey
- Have never made any sales* on Etsy.com
- Have a credit card and checking account (necessary for sales transactions)
- Have regular access to a computer with an Internet connection
*It is possible to have a store on Etsy.com but have never made sales.
The next session will start in September. You may apply for consideration for the next session. You will be notified of the status of your application in August.