Digital Marketing Strategy
This first session of the program provides a comprehensive view of digital marketing. It starts at the "50,000-foot level" by looking at the trends that are shaping the change in consumer behavior, and how these trends necessitate changes in the way marketing can be future-proofed to succeed. We’ll also explore the wide spectrum of opportunities that digital offers brands and businesses. Finally, an easy-to-apply framework will be shared to show how various opportunities and touchpoints within digital marketing can be interrelated – from search engine marketing (SEM) to website analytics, mobile marketing, and social media marketing.
Search Engine Marketing
Have you ever wondered how search engines work and how your business can benefit? This strategic overview of search engine marketing will explain the fundamentals that all business leaders and managers should know. Learn the importance of content strategy as it relates to better search performance. In addition, learn some helpful search tools and frameworks that can help you increase leads and sales for your business.
- Why effective search strategy is critical to building both brands and businesses
- How to manage content strategy as an integral part of search
- How to capitalize on the evolving palette of opportunities search provides
- Key questions to ask your search marketing team
Social Media Marketing
Firms and individuals are embracing social media platforms at an ever-increasing pace. This module will address the many issues surrounding this megatrend, and provide a high-level overview to help individuals and firms navigate social media to gain a competitive edge.
- The four foundational principles of social media strategy
- A model for understanding social media options in what might seem like a world of constant change
- Should every company be on the social web, and how do you decide?
- The six questions that lead you to a social media strategy
- What is rich content, and why does it matter so much?
- New approaches to social media marketing measurement
- Internal organizational applications for social media
Content Marketing Strategies and Tactics
Content marketing is a marketing technique of creating and distributing relevant and valuable content to attract, acquire, and engage a clearly defined and understood target audience – with the objective of driving profitable customer action. In this module, we’ll discuss the who, what, when, where, why, and how of content marketing.
- What is content marketing and what makes it different from other marketing?
- The essential elements of a magnetic content marketing strategy
- Content’s special role in creating online power and influence
- Best practices based on current market conditions
- How do you create valuable content that can change hearts, minds, and actions?
- Battling content density to become the signal instead of the noise
Mobile Marketing: Tools, Tips, and Opportunities
Mobile is, irrefutably, the largest technology platform in all of human history. It’s also the most opportunity-rich medium for reaching and engaging the customers of today, and tomorrow. For marketers, mobile gives them the capabilities that they have long sought, and are now possible: an anytime-anywhere communications channel coupled with wide-ranging tools for creating powerful, brand-centric experiences. And that’s only the beginning... as mobile is also igniting exciting new areas of innovation.
In this power-packed, idea-rich module, participants will learn:
- Optimizing content for the mobile experience: best practices and technologies — across mobile sites (m-sites) and responsive web design (RWD) — for optimizing the experience of mobile users
- Wide-ranging marketing strategies & mobile tools: A series of mobile-marketing strategies, supported by case examples featuring an array of mobile tools — including SMS campaigns, mobile apps, mobile web sites, mobile barcodes, mobile augmented reality, and geo-fencing.
- Mobile’s next-generation of wearables: An introduction to mobile’s next wave of wearable devices, illuminating a host of exciting examples.
Personalized Digital Experiences
The great promise of digital marketing – putting precisely the right message in front of precisely the right customer at precisely the right time – often goes unmet. However, a number of tactics, including personalization, CRM, e-mail marketing, and retargeting, can assist you in delivering just what your customer needs and help you reach your business goals. This module explores each of these topics and how you can apply them to make your digital marketing dollars work more effectively.
Capstone Project Work Session
In this collaborative work session facilitated by instructor Tim Peter, groups will devote time to refining and putting the finishing touches on their Capstone projects.
The purpose of this session is to guide groups in:
- Simplifying their plans
- Answering the key questions
- Ensuring the plan maps to customer needs
Web Analytics and ROI for Better Decision-Making
Web analytics and ROI might not be the sexiest topic in digital marketing, but, for those who understand and master its principles, it delivers business success, establishes credibility, commands respect, and is empowering. Learn the key metrics that drive digital success across paid, owned, and earned media. Plus, understand how to see through the maze of analytic numbers to unearth business-relevant and actionable insights. We’ll practice these techniques through a series of fun and interactive quizzes and exercises.
Transforming Your Digital Marketing
Once you understand the importance of digital marketing, it becomes apparent that some of the old practices of marketing need to change. So the question then becomes, “How do I implement this change within my team(s) and my organization?” In this module, you’ll learn how to map out the scope of digital transformation needed, which elements of change require more focus, and practical strategies for bringing about digital change.
- Understanding a framework to implement digital transformation
- How to align people, processes, and technology for success
- Key investment approaches that help gain buy-in for digital innovation
- How to manage organizational change to improve digital marketing
For an overview of our Digital Marketing Certificate Program (Chicago, IL) program plus program benefits and outcomes, please click here.