The business of the 21st century is sustainability. It is vital that leaders, managers, and employees all have the mindset and tools to surmount the challenges of transitioning our complex business ecosystem to support sustainable enterprise.
Our Mini-MBA: Sustainability-Aligned Leadership and Strategy program will guide you through key components of sustainability and corporate social responsibility (CSR) including economic, environmental, social, and technological impacts from a business perspective. It will help participants move forward with determination, testing out new paths and possibilities that will generate the progress and innovative approaches needed for a successful transition to sustainability.
- A unique opportunity to develop a comprehensive perspective that introduces key components of sustainability goals into your organization, including strategy, global considerations, and financial impact.
- Taught by specialists with deep expertise in sustainability and CSR strategy as well as practical experience. Together, you will build a plan tailored to your professional goals.
- Through an experiential learning process, learn to apply new mental models, systems thinking, and leadership skills – and better understand the planet, society, and the economy, as interdependent nested systems.
- Better understand how innovation and emerging business models are disrupting industries and advancing sustainability (such as the circular and sharing economy).
- Become a thoughtful partner across the organization by employing strategy and tools critical to achieve effective multifunctional progress toward sustainability and CSR goals.
- Communicate to decision makers how organizations that prioritize sustainability succeed financially, and the cultural, accounting and infrastructure changes required to do so.
About the Rutgers Mini-MBA
Rutgers Mini-MBA™ programs bring practitioners from different organizations and industries together in a rich and diverse learning environment, designed to develop skills and capabilities through the powerful combination of expert class instruction and peer interaction. Participants can earn a variety of credits and certifications from RBSEE programs, including academic graduate credit from Rutgers Business School.
Associate Professor of Professional Practice
Jeana Wirtenberg is Associate Professor of Professional Practice in the Management & Global Business Department, Rutgers Business School. She leads the Principles for Responsible Management Education (PRME) initiative for the Business School and supports the Rutgers Institute for Corporate Social Innovation (RICSI). Jeana teaches Sustainability-Aligned Leadership & Strategy in Rutgers...
Current executives and managers who are charged with implementing, sustaining or evolving sustainability and CSR efforts at their organization will find this program a comprehensive solution. From future leaders to experienced managers and executives, this program is a perfect fit for anyone who wants to make the business of sustainability a priority, and are committed to becoming leaders that drive innovation.
Featuring 10 modules (each covered in 3.5 hours), this program gives those who are implementing or driving sustainability initiatives the strategic outlook and tools necessary.
- Strategy and sustainability—learn about emerging business models and innovations that advance sustainability, and thinking applied to understanding the planet and the economy as interdependent systems.
- Global markets—learn how companies are aligning their business with global industry sustainability initiatives and learn the key international sustainability organizations and standards.
- Interfunctionality—learn how sustainability is realized through a life cycle analysis, by various functional perspectives including sales, marketing, operations and finance.