Increased awareness and valuation of sustainable products and processes make it a business imperative to incorporate a sustainability strategy that accommodates organizational values in a complex business ecosystem.
Our Mini-MBA: Sustainability-Aligned Leadership and Strategy program will guide you through the key components of sustainability and corporate social responsibility (CSR) including resource constraints, carrying capacity, and global footprint, from a business perspective.
- A unique opportunity to develop a comprehensive perspective that introduces key components of sustainability goals into your organization, including strategy, global considerations, and financial impact.
- Taught by specialists with deep expertise in sustainability and CSR strategy as well as practical experience. Together, you will build a plan tailored to your professional goals.
- Through an experiential learning process, learn to apply new mental models, systems thinking, and leadership skills – and better understand the planet, society, and the economy, as interdependent nested systems.
- Better understand how innovation and emerging business models are disrupting industries and advancing sustainability (such as the circular and sharing economy).
- Become a thoughtful partner across the organization by employing strategy and tools critical to achieve effective multifunctional progress toward sustainability and CSR goals.
- Communicate to decision makers how organizations that prioritize sustainability succeed financially, and the cultural, accounting and infrastructure changes required to do so.
About the Rutgers Mini-MBA
Rutgers Mini-MBA™ programs bring practitioners from different organizations and industries together in a rich and diverse learning environment, designed to develop skills and capabilities through the powerful combination of expert class instruction and peer interaction. Participants can earn a variety of credits and certifications from RBSEE programs, including academic graduate credit from Rutgers Business School.
Current executives and managers who are charged with implementing, sustaining or evolving sustainability and CSR efforts at their organization will find this program a comprehensive solution. From future leaders to experienced managers and executives, this program is a perfect fit for anyone who wants to make the business of sustainability a priority, and are committed to becoming leaders that drive innovation.
Featuring 10 modules (each covered in 3.5 hours), this program gives those who are implementing or driving sustainability initiatives the strategic outlook and tools necessary.
- Strategy and sustainability—learn about emerging business models and innovations that advance sustainability, and thinking applied to understanding the planet and the economy as interdependent systems.
- Global markets—learn how companies are aligning their business with global industry sustainability initiatives and learn the key international sustainability organizations and standards.
- Interfunctionality—learn how sustainability is realized through a life cycle analysis, by various functional perspectives including sales, marketing, operations and finance.