Master of Accountancy in Financial Accounting Program
Ranked among the top 40 graduate accounting programs in North America by Eduniversal, and with a curriculum endorsed by the Institute of Management Accountants, our accounting master’s program is strategically designed to help meet the career goals of recently-graduated accounting majors looking to prepare for the CPA exam and CMA exams and launch satisfying careers.
The Rutgers Business School Master of Accountancy in Financial Accounting is a 30-credit, hybrid graduate accounting program that combines the best of in-person and online learning to provide optimal flexibility for both you and hiring accounting firms.
Contact us today to learn how in just one year you can earn a master’s in accountancy and kick-start your career.
"With the MACCY program providing a bridge to 150 credits and helping in preparation for the CPA exam, I became a licensed CPA a year after graduation. The CPA license brought me opportunities for advancement and obtaining it early allowed me to focus on work instead of review courses as responsibilities increased. I am thankful to be a part of the Rutgers Business School community and for the impact it has made on my career."
Luis Payan, CPA, Class of 2011
"I am truly thankful for the education I received through the Rutgers Business School Master of Accountancy in Financial Accounting Program. The team experience within the program was an invaluable tool that readied me for the work environment. The smaller classroom size enabled the professors to be available for advice and guidance. In addition, the opportunities to network and utilize the Career Services Center was beneficial to my job search and future endeavors."
Ashley Zadlock, Class of 2015
- No prior work experience is required, so you can start right away!
- No GMAT required for Rutgers Business School and College of New Jersey undergraduates with a 3.0 GPA or higher
- A blend of online and in-person classes, as well as part-time and full-time semesters, allows you to plan for the hiring cycle and finish the majority of your degree before you start your first job.
- Earn the 150 credits needed to sit for the CPA exam or sit for the CMA exam while you are completing your studies.
- Professional placement opportunities are enhanced through a partnership with a major CPA exam review provider, and concentrations in audit analytics and CMA-based coursework.
- Receive career and interview coaching and resume advice from a dedicated career specialist
- Take classes on a full-time basis on campus during the summer, then finish your graduate accounting degree online, part-time, in the fall and spring semesters
Preparing our students to start successful accounting careers and reach their professional goals is our priority. In 2015, 90 percent of our students had full time employment within 6 months of graduation. And every year our graduates are hired to join the teams of a variety of organizations -- from the Big 4, to nonprofits, to smaller boutique firms.
From the moment you begin the financial accounting program you'll have a dedicated career specialist available to help you with the many stages of career prep. From mock interviews, to resume reviews, to skills workshops and exclusive networking events, we've got you covered.
International Students and Non-Accounting Majors
Are you an international student who wants to enroll in a full-time program?
We now have two options for taking the program:
- F-1 holders of undergraduate accounting degree from US institution can take summer core courses plus Fall completion of three in-class electives and two online electives.
- F-1 holders of undergraduate accounting degree from US institution can take summer core courses plus Fall completion of three in-class electives and one online elective AND Spring internship depending on availability.
Are you a non-accounting major who wants to enroll part-time?
Consider the Rutgers Business School Master of Accountancy in Professional Accounting.