The RBS Futures Leaders 2+2 program is a deferred admission process for applicants who are finishing their undergraduate bachelor degree from any 4-year college/university in the United States. If admitted, students in this program will be required to find full-time employment for 2 years. They will then be able to enroll in the RBS Full-Time MBA program, which is a 2-year program.
We are looking for students who have proven leadership capabilities and are looking to become leaders in corporations or their own businesses. With an innovative curriculum and valuable hands-on experience, the RBS MBA program prepares students to succeed and reach their career goals.
Applicants to the Future Leaders 2+2 Program should apply during the Spring semester of their senior year, or the Summer immediately following their commencement. Students from all majors are eligible to apply to this program. The first step is to complete the online application. Additionally, applicants must submit:
1. Application fee (non-refundable) of $70
Checks and money orders should be made payable to Rutgers, the State University of New Jersey. Do not send cash. This can also be paid online via a credit card.The application fee is waived for all military and veteran applicants. If you fall into this category, please e-mail Yulissa Ortiz at email@example.com PRIOR to submitting your application and send her a copy of your DD 214 form or a copy of your military ID card. Do NOT include your social security number when e-mailing the form. Please block it out prior to sending.
2. Official Transcripts
- Applicants must submit an official transcript for each undergraduate institution attended
- Applicants to this program should have an undergraduate GPA of 3.3 or above
3. GRE or GMAT Test Results
Official GRE or GMAT test results, taken within five years from the term of entrance Applicants to this program should look to score in the top quartile in either exam in order to be competitive candidates
- GRE code: Institution Code 2512 or 5529 (either one will work), Department Code 4299
- GMAT code: QK5-XT-96
4. Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), IELTS, or Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic)
You must submit the TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE Academic test if your native language is not English. Not required of students who have done 3 or more years of their undergraduate work or have obtained a graduate degree in the U.S.
- TOEFL code: Institution Code 2512, Department Code 02
- IELTS: Please contact IELTS and have your score sent to our office (address listed below). Most RBS programs require a score of a 7 on the IELTS.
- PTE Academic is a computer-based academic English language proficiency test designed to measure reading, writing, listening and speaking skills, as they are used in an academic setting. Rutgers Business School requires a minimum score of 68 on PTE Academic.
5. You must provide two letters of recommendation
Letters of recommendation can either be submitted through the online application or they can be mailed to our office directly by the recommender on company letterhead.
6. Submit your current resume
Applicants to this program should have completed at least one internship during their undergraduate experience.
All students will be required to submit an updated resume and letters of recommendation from their employer to show proof of their employment for the two year period. This needs to be submitted the Summer prior to enrollment.
You must select 1 of the 3 essay topics below.
Essay topics: (a) Describe an ethical dilemma you have faced and how you resolved it; (b) Explain what you have learned from your experience as a member of a team whose project was not completed successfully; or (c) Describe your greatest professional achievement and how you added value to your organization.
Optional Essay - provide any additional information not addressed elsewhere in your application materials which will help the Admissions Committee learn more about your candidacy. Please address any employment gaps, academic concerns, strengths or weaknesses.
8. International applicants
Rutgers Business School (RBS) is recognized as having the #1 Public MBA program in the New York Tri-State area. Located only 20 minutes away from New York City, RBS delivers unparalleled return-on-investment when compared to other top business schools, delivering high salaries at competitive tuition costs.
If you have any questions, please contact the Office of Graduate Admissions at (973) 353-1234 or firstname.lastname@example.org