General Instructions for MBA Students
Degree Completeness Form
Full-Time and Flex MBA students must also file a Degree Completeness Form with your affiliate Office of MBA Student Services. Newark/Jersey City students should fax their form to Mary Ann Albanese (fax: 973-353-1057). New Brunswick/Madison students should fax their form to Cyndi GeBorde (fax: 848-445-5817). Degree Completeness forms are due by the following deadlines:
If you plan to graduate:
- October: Deadline is August 1st
- January: Deadline is November 1st
- May: Deadline is March 1st
Q. When will I receive my diploma?
A. Diplomas can either be mailed or picked up in person at the University Registrar’s Office in Newark. (You will receive an email from the Registrar informing you that your diploma is ready and requesting confirmation of address as well as if you’d rather pick up the diploma)
- October Graduates: diplomas are available in early December.
- January Graduates: diplomas are available in early April.
- May Graduates: diplomas are available in the middle of July.
Q. Does my concentration appear on my diploma?
A. No, your concentration will appear on your official transcript.
Q. Can I participate in the ceremony if I am missing one class?
A. Students who are missing 6 credits of degree requirements and who plan to complete these credits during the summer 2017 semester may apply for consideration to participate in the convocation ceremony. Additional information will be sent to all Listserv lists in March.
Q. Do I need a concentration to graduate?
A. No, students are not required to have a concentration but completing a concentration is highly recommended.
Q. How can I verify completion of my degree, before obtaining my diploma?
A. To request an Interim Certificate (before printing of the diploma), please send your request via fax to 973-353-1357, or mail your request to the attention of Marie Diaz-Torres, Rutgers Newark Registrar or Paula Couto, Assistant Registrar at the Newark Registrar’s Office, 249 University Ave., Newark, NJ, 07102.
- Complete and submit the Online Diploma Application by the DEADLINE. (NetID and password needed)
- Download, complete, and submit the Degree Completeness Form to your affiliate Office of MBA Student Services by the DEADLINE
- Check your on-line transcript for any temporary/incomplete grades, missing credits, low GPA, etc. (NetID and password needed)
- Complete the online Financial Aid Exit Interview (if applicable)
- Check and Clear
- Overdue library books and fines
- Parking tickets
- Financial Holds/Any other outstanding financial obligations to the University
- Return locker keys to the Office of MBA Student Services, 1 Washington Park, Suite 802, Newark, NJ (if applicable)