The Rutgers MBA in Pharmaceutical Management comes with an unparalleled opportunity for a special few. Each year, RBS, in collaboration with the program's board of advisers, selects a handful of students to participate in our prestigious Industry Scholars Program. Indicative of the commitment of the sponsors to the program, Industry Scholars will receive:
- A scholarship covering in- or out-of-state tuition.
- An internship opportunity at a sponsor company (conditional on satisfactory performance in the MBA program and interview with the sponsoring company).
- The opportunity to attend seminars and on-site programs at pharmaceutical facilities.
- An enhanced opportunity for employment in the pharmaceutical industry.
Applicants wishing to be considered for the Industry Scholars program should have:
- A relatively high GMAT score
- An undergraduate grade point average of 3.2 or above
- Three or more years of business experience (not necessarily in the pharmaceutical industry)
- Demonstrated leadership potential
In addition, applicants should be goal oriented, possess excellent communication skills and have a demonstrated record of superior achievement.
Candidates meeting these criteria are invited for an interview with a selection committee that includes members of the program's board of advisers and/or other representatives from the sponsoring companies. The committee makes the final decision on the awarding of scholarships.
Industry Scholar Profile
The profile of Pharmaceutical Industry Scholars for 2012 was:
- Average GMAT: 707
- Average GPA: 3.6
- Average Work Experience: 5.6 years