In addition to the Online Application, applicants must complete the following:
1. Application fee (non-refundable) of $70
Checks and money orders should be made payable to Rutgers, the State University of New Jersey. Do not send cash. This can also be paid online via a credit card.
The application fee is waived for all military and veteran applicants. If you fall into this category, please e-mail Yulissa Ortiz at email@example.com PRIOR to submitting your application and send her a copy of your DD 214 form or a copy of your military ID card. Do NOT include your social security number when e-mailing the form. Please block it out prior to sending.
2. Official Transcripts
Applicants must mail in an official transcript for each undergraduate and graduate institution attended.
For Rutgers graduates, please note that even though you are applying to Rutgers as an alumnus, you still need to contact the Registrar's office and request your official transcript be mailed to our office.
*Note: If you are a domestic applicant holding international transcripts, please refer to our international instructions.
3. GMAT or GRE Test Results
Official GMAT or GRE test results, taken within five years from the term of entrance, are required.
- GMAT code: QK5-XT-40
- GRE code: 5529
Applicants holding one of the following degrees are exempt from the GMAT/GRE: JD, PhD, MD, or PharmD.
Applicants can be waived from the GMAT or GRE requirement if they have 8 or more years of professional full-time work experience (or 5 years if they have a Master degree) along with an undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or better. To request a waiver, please e-mail the following to Ronald Kwan (firstname.lastname@example.org) and indicate the program you are applying to in the subject line.
- Date of Birth
- Copy of unofficial transcript from all schools attended after high school
For Rutgers University alumni, the GMAT/GRE can be waived if you have an undergraduate GPA 3.5 or above from Rutgers and 5 or more years of full-time work experience. For those whose GPA is slightly below this criteria, you may still be considered for the waiver on a case-by-case basis.
Please click here to try a sample GMAT quiz.
4. Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), IELTS, or Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic)
You must submit the TOEFL or PTE Academic test if your native language is not English. This is not required of students who have obtained an undergraduate or graduate degree in the U.S. or other English-speaking countries (Canada, England, etc.). This requirement can also be waived if you have 3 or more years of full-time work experience in the United States.
- TOEFL Code: B355
- IELTS: Please contact IELTS and have your score sent to our office (address listed below).
- PTE Academic is a computer-based academic English language proficiency test designed to measure reading, writing, listening and speaking skills, as they are used in an academic setting. Rutgers Business School requires a minimum score of 68 on PTE Academic.
5. You must provide two letters of recommendation
Letters of recommendation can either be submitted through the online application or they can be mailed to our office directly by the recommender on company letterhead.
6. Submit your current resume
This can be done through the online application.
Please address both topics on a single Word document:
- Describe your specific career aspirations and your reason for pursuing an MBA (500 words).
- How will RBS help you achieve these goals? (250 words)
8. International Applicants
Additional requirements apply to international applicants. Please note that students looking for an F-1 visa are not eligible to apply to the part-time program. These instructions only apply to those who are here on working or dependent visa and are looking to pursue a part-time MBA program.