MBA in Marketing Research Insights and Analytics
My Passion is Analytics - Mark, Rutgers MBA '05
Marketing intelligence professionals generate superior insights from customer and marketplace information, influence strategic and tactical business decisions, and participate actively in the implementations of these decisions. Money Magazine rated marketing research analysts as the #6 job in America, based not only on its growth and salary potential, but also its flexibility, stress levels and ease of entry/ advancement. Fast Company ranked Market Research Analyst as one of the top 25 jobs. The rankings were based on salary range, demand, investment in education, and the degree to which the job allows a person to be innovative and creative.
Marketing research is a large and growing industry. Large companies in the US regularly spend over $100 million a year for various marketing research projects. The combined revenue of 200 marketing research companies in 2010 was $9.2 billion from the US private sector. The world’s 25 largest research firms had revenues of $18.8 billion, a nice 4.9% rebound from dismal 2009. Among top 50 US marketing research vendors, about 20 companies have their main offices in the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic region.
Rutgers Marketing Research Insights and Analytics (MRIA) program aims beyond training marketing research analysts. As an MBA concentration, it seeks to connect the academics and the industry by educating future marketing intelligence professionals who can fully utilize analytical insights gained from marketing research and shape business decisions in challenging environments. Our educational goal is to develop in students an integrated skill set that will (a) allow graduates to immediately contribute as business-oriented marketing research practitioners, and (b) prepare them to face a wide range of business challenges and opportunities throughout their diverse careers.
Rutgers MBA-MRIA offers the following advantages:
- Rutgers Business School has the #1 public MBA program in the New York City region (U.S. News & World Report, 2014)
- Strong connections to major companies via the Advisory Board
- Rutgers’ location, in close proximity to many top tier corporations, offers students unique access to world class executives, real world cases, internships and mentoring
- Integration of the industry experts in class as guest speakers, lecturers, and mentors
- Flexible program with both part-time and full-time options
- Inter-disciplinary resources on the New Brunswick campus
- Dual concentration opportunity with Marketing
The MRIA concentration offers a number of scholarships provided by the industry board member companies and internships through various industry projects. Students with strong analytical skills are encouraged to apply. A work experience in marketing-related field is highly desirable but not required.
- Advanced Marketing Research
- Analytics for Business Intelligence
- Consumer Behavior
- Customer Relationship Marketing
- Marketing Insights
- Marketing Research
- Marketing Strategy
Learn more about the program