Criteria for satisfactory progress in the program for a teaching assistant
In order for his or her progress in the program to be deemed satisfactory, a teaching assistant must
- maintain a 3.2 grade point average,
- participate fully in all professional development activities,
- work with an adviser to develop a plan of study and adhere to it,
- pass the qualifying examination at the end of the second year,
- defend a dissertation proposal within one year of passing the qualifying examination, and resolve any grade of "incomplete" before the beginning of each semester.
These conditions are stronger than the conditions all students must meet in order to avoid academic probation, which are listed on the Policies and Procedures page.