FAQs on Liberal Arts Coordinated BA or BS / MBA in Professional Accounting
What do I need to do to get into the program?
- Talk with your academic advisor regarding the general education requirements and major requirements at your Rutgers Newark or New Brunswick undergraduate college during your first year.
- Contact your Office of Student Affairs and the Director of the Professional Accounting Program during your first year; an official declaration of intent must be filed during the sophomore year at the Rutgers Business School: Graduate Programs- Newark and New Brunswick and at your Office of the Dean of Student Affairs.
- Maintain a 3.3 grade point average. Take the GMAT during the summer after your sophomore year.
- Apply to the Professional Accounting program early in the spring semester of your junior year.
Note that it is advisable that you complete a course in calculus and another in statistics, earning "B" or better in each course.
What are the eligibility requirements?
- Any Rutgers Newark or New Brunswick undergraduate major other than business and accounting.
- GMAT score acceptable to the Director of the Professional Accounting Program.
- GPA of 3.3 or better.
- An application, transcript(s), two letters of recommendation, application fee and a letter from your advisor at your undergraduate division, authorizing your application during the spring term of your junior year.