Rutgers Business School offers undergraduate Supply Chain Management (SCM) major students a chance to combine their Bachelor of Science in Supply Chain Management degree with Master of Science in Healthcare Analytics and Intelligence (MSHAI) graduate program, and earn both a Bachelor’s and a Master’s degree within 5 years.
- Enroll in the Supply Chain Management in our Undergraduate New Brunswick or Newark program
- Junior or Senior level students with a completion of at least 75 undergraduate coursework can apply
- A cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher and a major GPA (grade point average of all courses with 799 curriculum code) of 3.4 or higher
- Admitted students eligible to start the accelerated MSHAI track (BS/MS program) after completing 90 credit hours of undergraduate course work
Note that satisfying the above minimum qualifications does not guarantee admission to the program. The program may impose a capacity limit, since there is a limit for the number of undergraduate students allowed in each graduate course.
Students in the accelerated MSHAI program will be given the option to substitute up to 6 undergraduate SCM credits with 6 MSHAI graduate credits, in selected MSHAI courses in their senior year, and have them count towards their SCM undergraduate degree as well as the MSHAI graduate degree, subjected to approval of the MSHAI program director.
Provided below are some course replacement possibilities (course numbers below may change when the courses are offered):
- Global Procurement and Supply Management (22:799:608) may replace Global Procurement and Sourcing Strategies (29/33:799:305)
- Introduction to Project Management (22:799:661) or Advanced Project Management (22:799:675) may replace Introduction to Project Management (29/33:799:380)
- Lean Six Sigma (22:799:676) may replace Introduction to Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing (29/33:799:460)
Students can also choose to take other MSHAI courses in their senior year, subject to the 6-credit limit. However, the courses outside the above substitution list will only count toward the students’ MSHAI requirements and their total undergraduate credits, but not their undergraduate SCM major requirements.
Prospective students who meet the minimum qualifications need to submit an application by choosing the “BS/MS Healthcare Analytics and Intelligence” under the “Dual Degree Programs” category. Your application will be reviewed through the normal review process. However, the application fee, GRE/GMAT requirement, and the letters of recommendation will be waived. Once admitted, you are considered a student of the Accelerated MSHAI program, and must complete all of your Bachelor’s degree requirements and graduate within 12 months of the first day of the semester for which you start the accelerated track.
The accelerated MSHAI program has two application cycles per year (fall and spring). An interested student should target to apply for the term that allows you two semesters in taking graduate courses (preferably one course per semester). For example, if you will graduate with the Bachelor’s in May 2021, you should target to apply for the Fall 2020 term. If admitted, you will then take one graduate course in Fall 2020, and the other in Spring 2021. You will then graduate with the BS degree in May 2021, and become a MS student in September 2021.
For further information about the program, please contact us at MSCA@business.rutgers.edu.