Assistant Professor of Professional Practice
Leon Fraser teaches Executive Leadership; Management Skills; Managing Workforce Diversity; Management Consulting Best Practices; Managing Teams; Corporate Strategy; and Business Policy & Strategy. In addition, he has a joint appointment as Managing Director of Rutgers Business School Executive Education, Faculty Advisor to the Road to Consulting program, and Committee Chair of the annual Business Community Engagement Symposium.
During Spring and Summer of 2020, he was on special assignment as Interim Chief Executive Officer & State Director of New Jersey Small Business Development Centers (NJSBDC). He led the statewide agency at the time of onset of the national COVID-19 pandemic emergency in assisting small businesses in New Jersey to get disaster loans and other assistance.
Previously, he was a strategy executive with Verizon, vice president of marketing of a software company, and a management consultant.
M.B.A., The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania; Management
B.A., Harvard University; Government
Teaching and Service Awards:
- 2020 Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) Certification
- 2019 Certified Executive Coach (ACC), International Coach Federation
- 2018 “Career Coach” Certificate from Rutgers’ Heldrich Center for Workforce Development
- 2017 “Mentor of the Year” Award from National Black MBA Association New Jersey Chapter
- 2017 Recipient of Dean’s Award for Meritorious Service
- Faculty Advisor to the 2016 RBS MBA Team – 1st Place Winner, NC State Healthcare IT National Grand Business Challenge
- Recipient of the 2015 Rutgers University-wide Leader in Faculty Diversity Award
- 2014 “Best Professor Award” by the New Brunswick MBA Flex Students
- 2013 "Best Teaching Style Management & Global Business Professor" in the Dean's Student Advisory Council Annual Survey
- 2012 "Most Knowledgeable Management & Global Business Professor" in the Dean's Student Advisory Council Annual Survey
- 2011 "Best Management & Global Business Professor" Award from the Rutgers Business Governing Association
- First Runner-Up of the overall "Best Professor" Award of the MBA Class of 2011