Ranked among the top 40 graduate accounting programs in North America and with a curriculum endorsed by the Institute of Management Accountants, our accounting master’s program is strategically designed to help meet the career goals of recently-graduated accounting majors looking to prepare for the CPA exam and CMA exams and launch satisfying careers.
The Rutgers Business School Master of Accountancy in Financial Accounting is a 30-credit, hybrid graduate accounting program that combines the best of in-person and online learning to provide you and hiring accounting firms with optimal flexibility.
Earn a master’s in accountancy in as little as one year and kick-start your career.
- No prior work experience is required, so you can start right away!
- No GMAT required for Rutgers Business School and College of New Jersey undergraduates with a 3.0 GPA or higher
- A blend of online and in-person classes allows you to plan for the hiring cycle and finish the majority of your degree before you start your first job.
- Earn the 150 credits needed to sit for the CPA exam or sit for the CMA exam while you are completing your studies.
- Professional placement opportunities are enhanced through a partnership with a major CPA exam review provider, and concentrations in audit analytics and CMA-based coursework.
- Receive career and interview coaching and resume advice from a dedicated career specialist
Preparing our students to start successful accounting careers and reach their professional goals is our priority. In 2015, 90 percent of our students had full time employment within 6 months of graduation. And every year our graduates are hired to join the teams of a variety of organizations -- from the Big 4, to nonprofits, to smaller boutique firms.
From the moment you begin the financial accounting program you'll have a dedicated career specialist available to help you with the many stages of career prep. From mock interviews, to resume reviews, to skills workshops and exclusive networking events, we've got you covered.
International Students and Non-Accounting Majors
Are you an international student who wants to enroll in a full-time program?
There are two options for taking the program:
- F-1 holders of undergraduate accounting degree from US institution can take summer core courses plus fall completion of three in-class electives and two online electives.
- F-1 holders of undergraduate accounting degree from US institution can take summer core courses plus fall completion of three in-class electives and one online elective and spring internship depending on availability.
Are you a non-accounting major who wants to enroll part-time?
Consider the Rutgers Business School Master of Accountancy in Professional Accounting.
Interested in Applying?
Learn more about tuition & fees, application deadlines, graduate admissions events and how to apply to the program by visiting the Admissions page.
Accounting Programs Comparison
Find out which accounting program is right for you.