The RBS Accounting Honors Program is designed for promising accounting students at RBS—Newark. After completing Introduction to Financial Accounting and Introduction to Managerial Accounting, students admitted to the program take all of their required accounting courses as one single cohort. Two honors courses are offered each semester, and students must register for both courses to stay current in the program.
- Fall I: Intermediate Accounting I Honors; Cost Accounting Honors
- Spring I: Intermediate Accounting II Honors; Business Law I
- Fall II: Advanced Accounting Honors; Federal Tax I Honors
- Spring II: Auditing Honors; AIS Honors
To be successful in the program, students must:
- Take all upper-level accounting courses in the Honors program
- Attend special events with recruiters and accounting professionals
- Participate in RBS accounting clubs and professional accounting organizations
- Actively seek internship opportunities
- Do well in their courses and maintain high average GPA
Honors classes include participation by accounting professionals, case competitions, group discussions, and projects. Emphasis is placed on further strengthening the students’ analytical and communication skills. Key aspects of the program feature connecting with potential employers, including the big four public accounting firms, developing career prospects and professional skills, and networking with recruiters and accounting professionals. Successful students will graduate with an honors distinction in accounting.
To apply for the program, students must have a minimum 3.0 GPA average, and must have completed Introduction to Financial Accounting and Introduction to Managerial Accounting prior to the Fall semester.