In addition to the Master of Science in Business of Fashion application checklist, international applicants should be aware of these special instructions. Due to the additional documentation required, please start the admissions process as soon as possible.
Master of Science in Business of Fashion applicants do not need to have their transcripts evaluated unless advised by the Rutgers Business School Admissions Committee. All post-secondary transcripts, marksheets, examination results, diplomas, and degrees should be uploaded via the online application. Applicants must provide the original copies after acceptance into the program. If not issued in English, a translation must be provided from a professional translation agency.
Selected three-year Indian bachelor’s degrees may be considered equivalent to a U.S. bachelor degree without an evaluation as long as they have been earned in Division I/First Class and the awarding institution is currently accredited by India’s National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) with a letter grade of “A” or better. Using the above standards will allow you to know if you are eligible to apply to the graduate programs at Rutgers Business School.
English Language Tests
If your native language is not English, you must submit test results from either the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), the International English Language Testing System (IELTS), or the Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic). Not required of students who have obtained an undergraduate or graduate degree in the U.S. or other English speaking countries (Canada, England, etc...).
- Rutgers Business School TOEFL code: B355
- Please contact IELTS and have your scores sent to the Office of Graduate Admissions
- Rutgers Business School requires a minimum score of 68 on PTE Academic
Once you are admitted to the program
- All admitted students must submit the non-refundable tuition deposit.
- For those who intend to hold F1 or J1 visas, financial documentation is required that proves sufficient funds are available to finance your education and living expenses. These documents cannot be dated more than 9 months from your start term. The Master of Science in Business of Fashion starts in the Fall (September) and Spring (January). International students are not eligible for financial assistance through the University and the full-time program of study prevents most students from working significant hours to cover expenses. To document your finances, you must complete the Financial Affidavit of Support. Return that form along with an original bank statement or other financial certification to the Office of Graduate Admissions. The Office of Graduate Admissions, along with the Office of International Student Services (OISS), will issue an I-20 form to admitted students who provide sufficient financial documentation along with the student’s admission acknowledgement form, the non-refundable tuition deposit and orientation fee.
- All students must submit a copy of their passport.
- Admitted students who have attended another U.S. school in the F-1 or J-1 status before joining Rutgers University must submit the International Student Advisor’s Report.
Course Sequence for International Students Who Hold F-1 or J-1 Visas
1st Fall semester
- Five 3-credit courses: 3 must be in-classroom, 2 can be online if offered
1st Spring semester
- Four to Five 3 credit courses: 1 can be online if offered
plus the zero credit mandatory soft skills course
- If one course remains to complete degree it must be taken in-classroom;
In addition, students must take one (2 are preferred) 1-credit additional industry leaders course. Students may take this during any of the 3 semesters mentioned above as advised by the program director.