Department of Finance & Economics
- Rutgers Business School is a research institution dedicated to advancing the theory, analysis, and practice of management. Our departmental mission for academic research is to employ the rigor of the scientific method to develop theoretical and empirical insights into financial and managerial processes and strive to communicate our discoveries to our peers through the most prestigious publication outlets in our fields.
- Rutgers Business School is a teaching institution at both the graduate and undergraduate levels. Our mission for teaching is to prepare students to encounter professional challenges, instilling in them the desire for life-long learning, and the critical thinking and versatility needed to prevail in the global marketplace.
- Rutgers Business School is a service institution. We never lose sight of our role within the State of New Jersey: Our mission is to be a visible force for economic change and development and a facilitator of managerial and business processes. We are dedicated to enhancing the quality of life in New Jersey and beyond.
We strive for our research, teaching and service activities to be counted among the nation's best, as measured by the prominence of our faculty in top research outlets, the quality and relevance of our curriculum, our effectiveness in educating students and placing them on promising career paths, and the expressed satisfaction of our key external constituents.
Our vision is to maximize the synergy between the academic and business communities by attracting, building, and maintaining a first-class faculty dedicated to the ideals of committed teaching and world-class research, and by developing and supporting areas of particular expertise within the faculty.
We strive to:
- be the college of choice for students and corporate recruiters, and to provide our students with the skills and knowledge that enable them to work anywhere
- have a national research reputation and be able to attract quality faculty
- assure diversity in our faculty, staff and student body; and
- attain secure funding to accomplish the goals of the college.