Rutgers Business School offers undergraduate Supply Chain Management (SCM) major students a chance to combine their Bachelor of Science in Supply Chain Management degree with Master of Science in Supply Chain Analytics (MSCA) graduate program, and earn both a Bachelor’s and a Master’s degree within 5 years.
- Enroll in the Supply Chain Management in our Undergraduate New Brunswick or Newark program
- Junior or Senior level students with a completion of at least 75 undergraduate coursework can apply
- A cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher and a major GPA (grade point average of all courses with 799 curriculum code) of 3.4 or higher
- Admitted students eligible to start the accelerated MSCA track (BS/MS program) after completing 90 credit hours of undergraduate course work
Note that satisfying the above minimum qualifications does not guarantee admission to the program. The program may impose a capacity limit, since there is a limit for the number of undergraduate students allowed in each graduate course.
Students in the accelerated MSCA program will be given the option to substitute up to 6 undergraduate SCM credits with 6 MSCA graduate credits, in selected MSCA courses in their senior year, and have them count towards their SCM undergraduate degree as well as the MSCA graduate degree, subjected to approval of the MSCA program director.
Provided below are some course replacement possibilities (course numbers below may change when the courses are offered):
- Global Procurement and Supply Management (22:799:608) may replace Global Procurement and Sourcing Strategies (29/33:799:305)
- Supply Chain Finance (22:799:640) may replace Supply Chain Finance (29/33:799:480)
- Supply Chain Solution w/ SAP I (22:799:659) may replace Fundamentals of Supply Chain Management with SAP (29/33:799:320)
- Introduction to Project Management (22:799:661) or Advanced Project Management (22:799:675) may replace Introduction to Project Management (29/33:799:380)
- Lean Six Sigma (22:799:676) may replace Introduction to Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing (29/33:799:460)
- Global Logistics Management (22:799:679) may replace Business Logistics and Transportation (29/33:799:330)
- Demand Management for Value Chain (22:799:663) may replace Demand Planning and Fulfillment (29/33:799:310)
Students can also choose to take other MSCA courses in their senior year, subject to the 6-credit limit. However, the courses outside the above substitution list will only count toward the students’ MSCA requirements and their total undergraduate credits, but not their undergraduate SCM major requirements.
Prospective students who meet the minimum qualifications need to submit an application by choosing the “BS/MS Supply Chain Analytics” under the “Dual Degree Programs” category. Your application will be reviewed through the normal review process. However, the application fee, GRE/GMAT requirement, and the letters of recommendation will be waived. Once admitted, you are considered a student of the Accelerated MSCA program, and must complete all of your Bachelor’s degree requirements and graduate within 12 months of the first day of the semester for which you start the accelerated track.
The accelerated MSCA program has only one application cycle per year. All interested undergraduate students should apply to the Fall term, no matter if you will graduate with the Bachelor’s degree in January or May. For example, if you will graduate with the Bachelor’s in January 2019 or May 2019, you should apply for the Fall 2018 term.
For further information about the program, please contact us at MSCA@business.rutgers.edu.