Healthcare providers and managers in practices of all sizes not only have to provide excellent medical care, they also must be fluent in the broader operational and legal issues of the health care delivery system. Understanding changes in legislation, regulation and payment models that impact HCPs is imperative to maintaining compliance and maximizing efficiency.
Our Mini-MBA Strategic Healthcare Management for Practices provides information critical in this area, including legal issues, quality standards, patient-as-customer relationships, and back office efficiency. Mastering these key business issues will ensure the business side of your practice is compliant and efficient, and facilitate oft-desired autonomy of clinical care independent of larger institutions.
- Designed for health care professionals and administrators who need to master the legislative and business requirements necessary for private practice outside of hospitals and other corporate health care systems.
- Intense, time-effective curriculum has academic rigor, yet real-world clinical practice application. Experts in this highly specialized field focus specifically on the relevant business and legal concepts.
- Earn a program certificate as well as academic credits that can be applied toward future education goals. The course is also eligible for CME/CNE credits.
- Ensures a compliant, operationally efficient private practice with focus on critical business management skills. Intensive schedule affords participation without disruption to a busy practice.
- Anticipate and manage the constant changes in business and legal requirements. Maintain the autonomy of private practice and providing patient care without time-consuming bureaucracy.
- Help other stakeholders in your practice better manage the patient experience. Show colleagues how to deliver a quality experience from exam room to back office.
|CME/CNE Certified Live Activity Provided by Rutgers Business School Executive Education and Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences|
In support of improving patient care, Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
|Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences designates this live activity for a maximum of 32.5 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.|
|This activity is awarded 32.5 contact hours. (60 minute CH) Nurses should only claim those contact hours actually spent participating in the activity.|
|AAPA accepts certificates of participation for educational activities certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ from organizations accredited by ACCME or a recognized state medical society. PAs may receive a maximum of 5.25 Category 1 credits for completing this activity.|
About the Rutgers Mini-MBA
Rutgers Mini-MBA™ programs bring practitioners from different organizations and industries together in a rich and diverse learning environment, designed to develop skills and capabilities through the powerful combination of expert class instruction and peer interaction. Participants can earn a variety of credits and certifications from RBSEE programs, including academic graduate credit from Rutgers Business School.
Assistant Professor of Professional Practice
Mr. Branning is President of Managed Market Resources (MMR), a healthcare consulting and medical communications company, offering the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry innovative solutions for the complex healthcare market, responsible for strategic consulting, new product development, business development, and executing Managed Market Resources strategic plan.
Previously, Mr. Branning was Executive...
Those who need more fluency in the operational side of private medical practice will get a strong foundational understanding of key business skills. This is an excellent opportunity for physicians, nurses, administrators and others who currently manage the business components of an independent practice,, as well as those considering the move from a large healthcare system practice to a private partnership or solo practice.
This program is an intense, short-duration commitment designed to accommodate the demanding schedules of those in the medical field. You will fully maximize the time invested by gaining a thorough understanding of critical business skills, and how to properly implement them into your practice.
Featuring 10 modules (each covered in 3.5 hours), this 5-week program will give medical practice professionals the knowledge you need to continue an independent practice with proper business management as well as high-quality patient care. Topics include:
- New Face of the Patient: understand the needs and expectations of the modern patient, who is empowered and able to move through the new healthcare retail marketplace
- Healthcare 2020: an overview of the US healthcare system, including evolving trends and future changes
- Legal Considerations for Healthcare Practices: gain a foundational background in legal and regulatory issues related to medical records, advertising and marketing, adverse effect reporting and employment records