Ranked #14 in the nation according to the 2016 US News & World Report ranking for "Best Online Graduate Business Programs," the Rutgers Business School Master's in Governmental Accounting is the first and only program of its kind available entirely online, exclusively at Rutgers.
If you’re looking for a flexible, online accounting master’s program that fits into your busy life and will help you advance an accounting career in the public or nonprofit sector, then the Rutgers Business School Master’s in Governmental Accounting is for you.
Taught by industry leaders, our program is designed to prepare you in the rapidly expanding field of government financial management, accounting, and auditing.
At just 30 credits, you can complete this program part-time as you work, and even in as little as a year, while fulfilling the additional credits required to sit for the New Jersey CPA exam.
- 100% online convenience
- No GMAT required – get started right away
- Great value for government employees – in-state tuition for New Jersey residents is now extended to all out-of-state residents enrolled in the program.
- 4-course online graduate certificate program available – credits can be applied toward master's degree
Who can benefit from our online Master's in Governmental Accounting?
- Prospective CPAs requiring an additional 30 credits beyond an undergraduate degree to sit for the New Jersey CPA exam
- Practicing CPAs, as well as other accountants and auditors working in governmental and not-for-profit organizations
- MPA and accounting students who plan to take the nationally recognized Certified Government Financial Manager (CGFM) exam, administered and sponsored by the Association of Government Accountants
- MBA and MPA program students who wish to specialize in government financial management
Certificate in Government Financial Management
Not ready to pursue a full graduate course of study yet?
Find out more about how you can earn a Graduate Certificate in Government Financial Management from Rutgers Business School with just four online classes.
Student & Alumni Voices
Accounting Programs Comparison
Find out which accounting program is right for you.
2017 Annual Governmental Accounting & Auditing Update Conference
The conference offers 8.0 CPE credit hours for CPAs and RMAs.