Start Your Application
Program candidates should have a bachelor's degree in accounting or related work experience in knowledge areas typically covered in an undergraduate accounting degree. Admission to the program is competitive, and candidates must meet the graduate admissions requirements of Rutgers Business School.
|Spring Term||Fall Term|
|January 2||August 15|
Tuition & Fees for full-time students per semester (12 or more credits)
|Tuition - In-State/Out-of-State||$11,604.00|
|Off Campus Fee (Per Semester)||$863.00|
|NJPIRG Fee (Optional Fee)||$5.50|
|Full Time On-Line Course Fee/Four Courses||$400.00|
Tuition & Fees for part-time students (11 or fewer credits)
|Tuition - In-State/Out-of-State (per credit)||$967.00|
|Off Campus Fee (Per Semester)||$255.00|
|Computer Fee (Subject to Credit Hours)||$84 - $159|
|NJPIRG Fee (Optional Fee)||$5.50|
|Online Course Support Fee (per course)||$100|
*Candidates working within government, regardless of state residency, are eligible for in-state tuition.
In addition to the Online Application, applicants must complete the following:
1. Application fee (non-refundable) of $70
Checks and money orders should be made payable to Rutgers, the State University of New Jersey. Do not send cash. This can also be paid online via a credit card.
The application fee is waived for all military and veteran applicants. If you fall into this category, please e-mail Yulissa Ortiz at email@example.com PRIOR to submitting your application and send her a copy of your DD 214 form or a copy of your military ID card. Do NOT include your social security number when e-mailing the form. Please block it out prior to sending.
2. Official transcripts
Applicants must mail in an official transcript for each undergraduate and graduate institution attended.
For Rutgers graduates, please note that even though you are applying to Rutgers as an alumnus, you still need to contact the Registrar's office and request your official transcript be mailed to our office.
3. GMAT/GRE test results
Test results are NOT required.
4. Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic)
You must submit the TOEFL or PTE Academic test if your native language is not English. Not required of students who have obtained an undergraduate or graduate degree in the U.S. or other English speaking countries (Canada, England, etc...).
- TOEFL code: B355
- IELTS: Please contact IELTS and have your score sent to our office (address listed below).
- PTE Academic is a computer-based academic English language proficiency test designed to measure reading, writing, listening and speaking skills, as they are used in an academic setting. Rutgers Business School requires a minimum score of 68 on PTE Academic.
5. You must provide three letters of recommendation
Letters of recommendation can either be submitted through the online application or they can be mailed to our office directly by the recommender on company letterhead.
6. Submit your current resume
This can be done through the online application.
You must write an essay on each of the three (3) topics below. Each essay should be between 250-500 words.
- Describe your motivation in applying for the online Masters of Accountancy in Governmental Accounting program. How does it enhance your academic and professional development?
- Describe your greatest professional or academic achievement and how you added value to your organization.
- What particular challenges do students face in online learning environments? Explain your preparation strategy to become a successful online student by detailing at least three steps you are taking to manage these challenges.
8. International applicants
International students (those seeking an F-1 visa) are not eligible for this program.
All required courses and suggested program electives are provided online. Students may also choose electives from a variety of other programs, including MBA in Professional Accounting, MBA, and other accountancy courses. In-state students have the option of selecting in-classroom electives on the Newark and New Brunswick campuses with the approval of the program director.
Our Mailing Address
Rutgers Business School — Newark and New Brunswick
Office of Graduate Admissions
1 Washington Park, Sixth Floor
Newark, New Jersey 07102
If you have any questions, please contact the Office of Graduate Admissions at (973) 353-1234 or firstname.lastname@example.org