A new advantage in health care = business+ analytics+ operational excellence
With increasing challenges of surging costs, growing competition, and stringent regulation, the healthcare industry is in need of leaders who not only understand healthcare context but also are capable of utilizing analytical skill sets to lead a new path for operational excellence. Whether you are looking into moving into a management position or honing your data-driven skills or both, our program is designed to put you on an accelerated path to a leadership role.
- 36 credits; 12 courses
- Full-time or part-time program
- Can be completed in just one year (full-time, fast-track only)
- Hybrid format-online and in-person classes (New Brunswick campus)
- Relevant and practical curriculum in health care, business, and analytics
- Experiential and action-based learning through simulations and real-life industrial projects
- Classes taught by elite healthcare executives from New Jersey and faculty from RBS, a top ranked business school
- Integration of curriculum from supply chain graduate program, a 7th ranked program in North America by Gartner
One program, two tracks
This program includes management and analytics tracks. The management track is a great fit for medical professionals (e.g., doctors and nurses) or non-clinical administrators (e.g., program administrators and care managers) who have moved, or are moving to leadership positions, and finding a strong need to be better equipped to handle the management and business side of patient care.
The analytics track is perfect for professionals who are interested in gaining competitive advantages through applying descriptive and predictive analytics to solve problems for a variety of care providers in healthcare delivery systems. The analytics track welcomes applicants who are data savvy with a strong desire to pursue careers in healthcare industry.
Why a healthcare program at a business school?
Accompanying the transition to a value-based reimbursement model, healthcare organizations face similar challenges as other business organizations in cost, quality, and customer/patient outcomes. Running a solid business with a focus on performance baselines is critical to care providers. Combining top notch business curriculum from RBS with customized analytics and healthcare course work, our program trains professionals who are competent in addressing challenges in the health care systems.
Certificate in Healthcare Services Management
Not ready to pursue a full graduate degree yet? Find out more about how you can earn a graduate certificate in healthcare management and analytics from Rutgers Business School with just four courses.
Our curriculum is informed by our relationships with industry leaders and top corporate partners, so you are gaining relevant knowledge in real time. Some of the organizations our Industry Advisory Board come from are:
- NY Hospital for Special Surgery
- Robert Wood Johnson Health System
- Atlantic Health System
- Summit Health Medical System
- St Peter's Hospital
- Deloitte Consulting