In addition to the online application, applicants must complete the following:
1. Application fee (non-refundable) of $70
Checks and money orders should be made payable to Rutgers, the State University of New Jersey. Do not send cash. This can also be paid online via a credit card.
The application fee is waived for all military and veteran applicants. If you fall into this category, please e-mail Yulissa Ortiz at firstname.lastname@example.org PRIOR to submitting your application and send her a copy of your DD 214 form or a copy of your military ID card. Do NOT include your social security number when e-mailing the form. Please block it out prior to sending.
2. Official Transcripts
Applicants must mail in an official transcript for each undergraduate and graduate institution attended.For Rutgers graduates, please note that even though you are applying to Rutgers as an alumnus, you still need to contact the Registrar's office and request your official transcript be mailed to our office.
*Applicants holding international transcripts do not need to have their transcripts evaluated unless advised by the Rutgers Business School Admissions Committee.
3. GMAT or GRE Test Results
Official GMAT or GRE test results, taken within five years from the term of entrance, are required.
- GMAT code: QK5-XT-57
- GRE code: 5529
Applicants holding one of the following degrees are exempt from the GMAT/GRE: J.D., Ph.D., M.D., or Pharm.D. Applicants can be waived from the GMAT or GRE requirement on a case-by-case basis. To request a waiver, please e-mail your resume, date of birth, and a copy of your undergraduate transcript from all schools attended to: Xin (David) Ding at email@example.com
Please click here to try a sample GMAT quiz.
4. Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), IELTS, or Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic)
You must submit the TOEFL or PTE Academic test if your native language is not English. This is not required of students who have obtained an undergraduate or graduate degree in the U.S.; other English speaking countries (Canada, England, etc...); or have been working in the U.S. for at least three years.
- TOEFL Code: B355
- IELTS: Please contact IELTS and have your score sent to our office (address listed below).
- PTE Academic is a computer-based academic English language proficiency test designed to measure reading, writing, listening and speaking skills, as they are used in an academic setting. Rutgers Business School requires a minimum score of 68 on PTE Academic.
5. You must provide two letters of recommendation
Letters of recommendation can either be submitted through the online application or they can be mailed to our office directly by the recommender on company letterhead.
6. Submit your current resume
This can be done through the online application.
Essay should be typed, double spaced, and 2 pages in length.
Please address the following questions in your essay:
- Explain your motivation for enrolling in the program.
- How do you plan to contribute to the experience of others in the program?
- How do you intend to participate in the movement to improve healthcare services after graduation?
Additional/Optional Essay - provide any additional information not addressed elsewhere in your application materials which will help the Admissions Committee learn more about your candidacy. Please address any employment gaps, academic concerns, strengths or weaknesses.
Additional requirements apply to international applicants.