Master of Quantitative Finance Admissions
- Online Application
- Application Deadlines
- Tuition and Fees
- Application Checklist
- Additional Information:
We seek a diverse student body to bring to the classroom varying experiences and backgrounds. Rutgers Business School — Newark and New Brunswick admits those students who, in the opinion of the Graduate Admissions Committee, show promise of succeeding in the program. Primary consideration is given to the applicant’s scholastic record and the GRE or GMAT score. Other considerations include professional work experience, professional appraisals, civic leadership and extracurricular participation, responses on the application form, and the essay.
|Fall Term||March 1st|
|Full-Time Students Per Semester (12 or more credits):|
|Tuition - New Jersey Residents||$12,919.50|
|Tuition - Out of State Residents||$19,685.50|
|NJPIRG Fee (Optional Fee)||$11.20|
|Part-Time Students (11 or less credits):|
|Tuition - Per credit, New Jersey Residents||$1,077|
|Tuition - Per credit, Out of State Residents||$1,640|
|Campus Fee (Per Semester)||$284.75|
|Computer Fee (Subject to Credit Hours)||$78-153|
|NJPIRG Fee (Optional Fee)||$5.50|
- Employees on temporary work visas: New Jersey residency regulations do not recognize temporary work visas (H1) as evidence of residency; thus you will be paying out of state tuition.
Housing and Dining
All applicants will be considered for an MQF scholarship based on merit. No separate application is required.
In addition to the Online Application, applicants must complete the following:
1. Application fee (non-refundable) of $70
Checks and money orders should be made payable to Rutgers, the State University of New Jersey. Do not send cash. This can also be paid online via a credit card.
2. Official Transcripts
All post-secondary transcripts, marksheets, examination results, diplomas, and degrees should be uploaded via the online application. Applicants must provide the official, original copies after acceptance into the program. If not issued in English, a translation must be provided from a professional translation agency.
For Rutgers graduates, please note that even though you are applying to Rutgers as an alumnus, you still need to contact the Registrar's office and request your official transcript be mailed to our office.
3. GMAT or GRE Test Results
Official GMAT or GRE test results, taken within five years from the term of entrance, are required.
- GMAT code: QK5-XT-96
- GRE code: 5529
Applicants holding one of the following degrees are exempted from the GMAT/GRE: JD, PhD, MD, or PharmD.
4. Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic)
You must submit the TOEFL or PTE Academic test if your native language is not English. Not required of students who have obtained an undergraduate or graduate degree in the U.S. or other English speaking countries (Canada, England, etc...).
- TOEFL code: B355
- IELTS: Please contact IELTS and have your score sent to our office (address listed below).
- PTE Academic is a computer-based academic English language proficiency test designed to measure reading, writing, listening and speaking skills, as they are used in an academic setting. Rutgers Business School requires a minimum score of 68 on PTE Academic.
5. Letters of recommendation
Letters of recommendation are not required for this program.
6. Submit your current resume
This can be done through the online application.
All applicants are required to write a personal essay which should cover the following topics:
- Why are you interested in quantitative finance?
- How is your background appropriate for quantitative finance?
- Why did you choose the MQF program at Rutgers Business School?
- What are your career objectives?
- What have you done to prepare for our program?
8. International Applicants
Additional requirements apply to international applicants. Click here for instructions.
Mailing address for any supporting documents
Rutgers Business School — Newark and New Brunswick
Office of Graduate Admissions
1 Washington Park, Suite 124
Newark, New Jersey 07102
If you have any questions, please contact the RBS Graduate Admissions office at (973) 353-1234 or firstname.lastname@example.org.