Master of Quantitative Finance Admissions
- Online Application
- Application Deadlines
- Tuition and Fees
- Application Checklist
- Additional Information:
We seek a diverse student body to bring to the classroom varying experiences and backgrounds. Rutgers Business School — Newark and New Brunswick admits those students who, in the opinion of the Graduate Admissions Committee, show promise of succeeding in the program. Primary consideration is given to the applicant’s scholastic record and the GRE or GMAT score. Other considerations include professional work experience, professional appraisals, civic leadership and extracurricular participation, responses on the application form, and the essay.
Students are admitted for the Fall term only. We encourage students to apply early as we admit students on a rolling basis.
|Fall Term||April 18, 2015|
|Full-Time Students Per Semester (12 or more credits):|
|Tuition - New Jersey Residents||$12,406|
|Tuition - Out of State Residents||$18,720|
|NJPIRG Fee (Optional Fee)||$11.20|
|Part-Time Students (11 or less credits):|
|Tuition - Per credit, New Jersey Residents||$1,034|
|Tuition - Per credit, Out of State Residents||$1,560|
|Campus Fee (Per Semester)||$266.50|
|Computer Fee (Subject to Credit Hours)||$73 - $155.50|
|NJPIRG Fee (Optional Fee)||$5.50|
Housing and Dining
International Health Fees
- Basic: $219.00/semester
- Major Medical: $848.00/semester
- Employees on temporary work visas: New Jersey residency regulations do not recognize temporary work visas as evidence of residency.
All applicants will be considered for an MQF scholarship based on merit. No separate application is required.
In addition to the Online Application, applicants must complete the following:
1. Application fee (non-refundable) of $65.00
Checks and money orders should be made payable to Rutgers, the State University of New Jersey. Do not send cash. This can also be paid online via a credit card.
2. Official Transcripts
Applicants must mail in an official transcript for each undergraduate and graduate institution attended.
For Rutgers graduates, please note that even though you are applying to Rutgers as an alumnus, you still need to contact the Registrar's office and request your official transcript be mailed to our office.
3. GMAT or GRE Test Results
Official GMAT or GRE test results, taken within five years from the term of entrance, are required.
- GMAT code: QK5-XT-96
- GRE code: Institution Code 2512 or 5529 (either one will work), Department Code 4299
4. Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic)
You must submit the TOEFL or PTE Academic test if your native language is not English. Not required of students who have done 3 or more years of their undergraduate work or have obtained a graduate degree in the U.S.
- TOEFL code: Institution Code 2512, Department Code 02
- IELTS: Please contact IELTS and have your score sent to our office (address listed below).
- PTE Academic is a computer-based academic English language proficiency test designed to measure reading, writing, listening and speaking skills, as they are used in an academic setting. Rutgers Business School requires a minimum score of 68 on PTE Academic.
5. You must provide two letters of reference
Letters of reference can either be submitted through the online application or they can be mailed to our office directly by the recommender on company letterhead.
6. Submit your current resume
This can be done through the online application.
All applicants are required to write a personal essay which should cover the following topics:
- Why are you interested in quantitative finance?
- How is your background appropriate for quantitative finance?
- Why did you choose the MQF program at Rutgers Business School?
- What are your career objectives?
- What have you done to prepare for our program?
8. International Applicants
Additional requirements apply to international applicants. Click here for instructions.
Mailing Address to Submit Transcripts
Rutgers Business School — Newark and New Brunswick
Office of Graduate Admissions
1 Washington Park, Suite 124
Newark, New Jersey 07102
If you have any questions, please contact the RBS Graduate Admissions office at (973) 353-1234 or firstname.lastname@example.org.