Ready to start your application? Please click the link below.
|Summer Term||Fall Term||Spring Term|
|May 1||August 1||December 19|
Tuition & Fees (2017-2018)
|Tuition - In-State/Out-of-State (per credit)||$1,200|
In addition to the Online Application, applicants must provide the following:
1. Application fee (non-refundable) of $70
Checks and money orders should be made payable to Rutgers, the State University of New Jersey. Do not send cash. This can also be paid online via a credit card.
The application fee is waived for all military and veteran applicants. If you fall into this category, please e-mail Yulissa Ortiz at firstname.lastname@example.org PRIOR to submitting your application and send her a copy of your DD 214 form or a copy of your military ID card. Do NOT include your social security number when e-mailing the form. Please block it out prior to sending.
2. Official Transcripts
Applicants must mail in an official transcript for each undergraduate and graduate institution attended.
For Rutgers graduates, please note that even though you are applying to Rutgers as an alumnus, you still need to contact the Registrar's office and request your official transcript be mailed to our office.
3. GMAT/GRE Test Results
GMAT/GRE is optional, but preferred.
- GMAT code: QK5-XT-40
- GRE code: 5529
4. Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
You must submit the TOEFL test if your native language is not English. Not required of students who have obtained an undergraduate or graduate degree in the U.S. or other English speaking countries (Canada, England, etc...).
- TOEFL code: B355 - TOEFL IBT with a minimum grade of 90 required.
- IELTS: Please contact IELTS and have your score sent to our office (address listed below).
- PTE Academic is a computer-based academic English language proficiency test designed to measure reading, writing, listening and speaking skills, as they are used in an academic setting. Rutgers Business School requires a minimum score of 68 on PTE Academic.
5. You must provide 3 letters of recommendation
The recommendations, one of which should be a professional reference (current or previous job supervisor or manager), can either be submitted electronically through the online application (preferred method) or mailed to the RBS Admissions office directly by the recommender on company letterhead. The recommendation format in the online application consists of a standardized form that the recommender can complete in 10 to 20 minutes. The online application contains a link to the recommendation form which the applicant will send electronically to the recommender. The recommender will be able to access the recommendation form via the link. Upon completion, the recommender will then use a link contained in the recommendation form to electronically send the form to the RBS Admissions office. If the recommender decides to write a "free form recommendation" it needs to be mailed directly to the RBS Admissions office (not to the applicant).
6. Submit your current resume
This can be done through the online application.
You must write an essay on each of the three (3) topics below:
- Describe your greatest professional or academic achievement and how you added value to your organization or your college.
- What particular challenges do students face in online learning environments? Explain your preparation strategy to become a successful online student by detailing at least three steps you are taking to manage these challenges.
- Explain why the MSCM program is going to benefit your academic and professional path.
Additional/Optional Essay - provide any additional information not addressed elsewhere in your application materials which will help the Admissions Committee learn more about your candidacy. Please address any employment gaps, academic concerns, strengths or weaknesses.
8. International Applicants
Additional requirements apply to international applicants. Please note that F1 visas are not granted for this online program.
Our Mailing Address
Rutgers Business School — Newark and New Brunswick
Office of Graduate Admissions
1 Washington Park, Sixth Floor
Newark, New Jersey 07102
If you have any questions, please contact us and we'll reach out to you as soon as possible.