Who should apply?
Ideal candidates for this part-time program should hold a bachelor's or master's degree with an accounting background, or have practiced in the area of taxation. Candidates must meet the admissions requirements of Rutgers Business School, including having a grade point average of 3.0 or better.
|Spring Term||Summer Term||Fall Term|
|January 2||May 1||August 1|
Tuition & Fees (2017-2018)
Part-time students (11 or fewer credits)
|Tuition - Per credit, New Jersey Residents||$1,097|
|Tuition - Per credit, Out of State Residents||$1,904|
|Campus Fee (Per Semester)||$290.25|
|Computer Fee (Subject to Credit Hours)||$81 - $156|
|NJPIRG Fee (Optional Fee)||$5.50|
Employees on temporary work visas: New Jersey residency regulations do not recognize temporary work visas (H1) as evidence of residency; thus you will be paying out of state tuition. However, you can apply for a reduced tuition rate.
Housing and Dining
In addition to the Online Application, applicants must complete the following:
1. Application fee (non-refundable) - $70
Checks and money orders should be made payable to Rutgers, the State University of New Jersey. Do not send cash. This can also be paid online via a credit card.
The application fee is waived for all military and veteran applicants. If you fall into this category, please e-mail Yulissa Ortiz prior to submitting your application and send her a copy of your DD 214 form or a copy of your military ID card. Do NOT include your social security number when e-mailing the form. Please block it out prior to sending.
2. Official transcripts
Applicants must mail in an official transcript for each undergraduate and graduate institution attended.
For Rutgers graduates, please note that even though you are applying to Rutgers as an alumnus, you still need to contact the Registrar's office and request your official transcript be mailed to our office.
3. GMAT/GRE test results
Test results are NOT required.
4. Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic)
You must submit the TOEFL or PTE Academic test if your native language is not English. Not required of students who have obtained an undergraduate or graduate degree in the U.S. or other English speaking countries (Canada, England, etc...).
- TOEFL code: B355
- IELTS: Please contact IELTS and have your score sent to our office (address listed below).
- PTE Academic is a computer-based academic English language proficiency test designed to measure reading, writing, listening and speaking skills, as they are used in an academic setting. Rutgers Business School requires a minimum score of 68 on PTE Academic.
5. You must provide two letters of recommendation
Letters of recommendation can either be submitted through the online application or they can be mailed to our office directly by the recommender on company letterhead.
6. Submit your current resume
This can be done through the online application.
You must select 1 of the 3 essay topics below. The essay will be submitted through the online application.
- (a) Describe a professional ethical dilemma you have faced and how you resolved it
- (b) Explain what you have learned from your experience as a member of a team whose project was not completed successfully
- (c) Describe your greatest professional achievement and how you added value to your organization
Additional/Optional Essay - provide any additional information not addressed elsewhere in your application materials which will help the Admissions Committee learn more about your candidacy. Please address any employment gaps, academic concerns, strengths or weaknesses.
8. International applicants
International students (those seeking an F-1 visa) are not eligible for this program.
Our Mailing Address
Rutgers Business School — Newark and New Brunswick
Office of Graduate Admissions
1 Washington Park, Sixth Floor
Newark, New Jersey 07102
If you have any questions, please contact the Office of Graduate Admissions at (973) 353-1234 or email@example.com