In today’s corporate environment, those who specialize in engineering and technology management, must master cross-discipline concepts and contribute to multifunctional teams. Technical expertise, while vital, is not enough for long-term career success.
Our Mini-MBA for Engineers and Technology Managers offers the opportunity to expand your contribution beyond technical solutions to robust leadership. Master the nomenclature and understand the methodology that will enable you to ask the right questions and provide effective solutions. Gain a critical understanding of key areas such as human resources management, marketing strategy, and negotiation techniques, resulting in a well-rounded, overall strategy for success.
- Tailored specifically to professionals in engineering and technical sciences. Provides important business skills in an efficient, intense format that will translate to immediate practical application.
- Learn business management methodology and theory from thought leaders in this discipline who also have practical industry experience.
- Learn in a rigorous university environment and earn a program certificate as well as academic credits that can be applied toward future education goals.
- Understand how to align technical outcomes with broader organizational goals. Demonstrate more multidisciplinary leadership that balances technological experience with business management.
- Become a more integral partner across departments. Be able to analyze and problem solve in ways that couple your traditional expertise with cross-functional perspective.
- Express to stakeholders the ROI of engineering and technological contributions using business terminology that will resonate with those from non-technical backgrounds.
About the Rutgers Mini-MBA
Rutgers Mini-MBA™ programs bring practitioners from different organizations and industries together in a rich and diverse learning environment, designed to develop skills and capabilities through the powerful combination of expert class instruction and peer interaction. Participants can earn a variety of credits and certifications from RBSEE programs, including academic graduate credit from Rutgers Business School.
This program is ideal for those with professional experience and an advanced degree in a technical field who wish to add business management theory and skills to their resume. It is also valuable to those early in their career as technical experts who wish to integrate traditional business analysis into their daily practice.
This course is especially well-suited for those who would like to learn to think through a business management lens, but would value doing so with others who share their engineering and technology-focused experience.
Featuring 10 modules (each covered in 3.5 hours), this program will enable you to understand important business management concepts that will complement your professional technical experience. Topics include:
- Analyzing financial statements, including the balance sheet, the income sheet and cash flow statements
- Understanding macroeconomics in a global economy, including multinational supply chains, R&D and international regulations
- Managing people in ways that impact employee talent and motivation, as well as maximize the opportunities team members have to contribute to project and organizational success