In addition to the items listed in the MFinA Application Checklist, international applicants should be aware of these special instructions. Due to the additional documentation required, please start the admissions process as soon as possible.
Master of Financial Analysis applicants do not need to have their transcripts evaluated unless advised by the Rutgers Business School Admissions Committee. All post-secondary transcripts, marksheets, examination results, diplomas, and degrees should be uploaded via the online application. Applicants must provide the original copies after acceptance into the program. If not issued in English, a translation must be provided from a professional translation agency.
Selected three-year Indian bachelor’s degrees may be considered equivalent to a U.S. bachelor degree without an evaluation as long as they have been earned in Division I/First Class and the awarding institution is currently accredited by India’s National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) with a letter grade of “A” or better. Using the above standards will allow you to know if you are eligible to apply to the graduate programs at Rutgers Business School.
English Language Tests
If your native language is not English and you have not studied in the US for at least 2 years, you must submit test results from either the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), the International English Language Testing System (IELTS), or the Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic). We think that applicants with less than 2 years of studying in the US would benefit from additional Business English instruction. By taking the Summer Intensive Business English (SIBE) program, successful students should perform better in their finance classes as well as on the CFA exams. Therefore, international applicants who have not studied at least 2 years in the US or other English speaking countries (Canada, England, etc...) need to submit a TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE and will be required to enroll in SIBE.
- Rutgers Business School TOEFL code: B355. The MFinA program requires a minimum TOEFL score of 90.
- Please contact IELTS and have your scores sent to the Office of Graduate Admissions. The MFinA program requires a score of a 6.5 on the IELTS.
- Rutgers Business School requires a minimum score of 68 on PTE Academic
Once you are admitted to the program
1) All admitted students must submit the non-refundable tuition deposit of $3,000.
- Please log in to your application portal to pay your non-refundable tuition deposit via credit card or check.
2) In order to obtain an F1 or J1 visa, students must submit the following:
- Financial documentation that proves sufficient funds are available to finance your education and living expenses. These documents cannot be dated more than 9 months from your start term. The MFinA program starts in the Summer (July); the earliest the financial documents can be dated is November of the previous year. International students are not eligible for financial assistance through the University and the full-time program of study prevents most students from working significant hours to cover expenses. To document your finances, you must complete the Financial Affidavit of Support. Return that form along with an original bank statement or other financial certification to the Office of Graduate Admissions. The Office of Graduate Admissions, along with the Office of International Student Services (OISS), will issue an I-20 form to admitted students who provide sufficient financial documentation along with the student’s admission acknowledgement form and the non-refundable tuition deposit.
- All students must submit a copy of their passport.
- Admitted students who have attended another U.S. school in the F-1 or J-1 status before joining Rutgers University must submit the International Student Advisor’s Report .