An application will not be reviewed until it is complete. At the end of the application cycle, all incomplete files will be sent a deny letter.
In addition to the Online Application, applicants must complete the following:
1. Application fee (non-refundable) of $70
Checks and money orders should be made payable to Rutgers, the State University of New Jersey. Do not send cash. This can also be paid online via a credit card.
The application fee is waived for all military and veteran applicants. If you fall into this category, please e-mail Yulissa Ortiz at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to submitting your application and send her a copy of your DD 214 form or a copy of your military ID card. Do NOT include your social security number when e-mailing the form. Please block it out prior to sending.
2. Official Transcripts
Applicants must mail in an official transcript for each undergraduate and graduate institution attended.
For Rutgers graduates, please note that even though you are applying to Rutgers as an alumnus, you still need to contact the Registrar's office and request your official transcript be mailed to our office.
*Note: If you are a domestic applicant holding international transcripts, please refer to our international instructions.
3. GMAT or GRE Test Results
Official GMAT or GRE test results, taken within five years from the term of entrance, are required.
- GMAT code: QK5-XT-40
- GRE code: 5529
Applicants holding one of the following degrees are exempt from the GMAT/GRE: JD, PhD, MD, or PharmD.
Please click here to try a sample GMAT quiz.
4. Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), IELTS, or Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic)
You must submit the TOEFL or PTE Academic test if your native language is not English. Not required of students who have obtained an undergraduate or graduate degree in the U.S. or other English speaking countries (Canada, England, etc...).
- TOEFL Code: B355
- IELTS: Please contact IELTS and have your score sent to our office (address listed below).
- PTE Academic is a computer-based academic English language proficiency test designed to measure reading, writing, listening and speaking skills, as they are used in an academic setting. Rutgers Business School requires a minimum score of 68 on PTE Academic.
5. You must provide two letters of recommendation
Letters of recommendation can either be submitted through the online application or they can be mailed to our office directly by the recommender on company letterhead.
6. Submit your current resume
This can be done through the online application.
Please address both topics on a single Word document:
- The full-time MBA experience includes academics, recruiting, and networking. What are your personal priorities and how do you anticipate allocating your time at Rutgers Business School? (500 words)
- Our business school is a diverse environment. How will your experiences contribute to this? (250 words)
8. International Applicants
Additional requirements apply to international applicants.