Full-Time MBA Admissions
- Online Application
- Application Deadlines
- Tuition and Fees
- Application Checklist
- Additional Information:
Please click here to begin your application.
|Deadlines||Expect Decision By|
|Round 1: November 15, 2016||December 20, 2016|
|Round 2: January 20, 2017 (Deadline for international students)||February 20, 2017|
|Round 3: March 15, 2017 (Final deadline for international applicants)||April 15, 2017|
|Round 4: May 1, 2017||June 1, 2017|
Incomplete Applications: If application is not complete – for example, missing test scores, no essay or other items – you will be contacted by us. If you do not provide a completed application by the deadline, we cannot guarantee a decision by the listed date.
|Full-Time Students Per Semester (12 or more credits):|
|Tuition - New Jersey Residents||$12,919.50|
|Tuition - Out of State Residents||$22,429.50|
|NJPIRG Fee (Optional Fee)||$11.20|
- Employees on temporary work visas: New Jersey residency regulations do not recognize temporary work visas (H1) as evidence of residency; thus you will be paying out of state tuition.
Housing and Dining
- Housing - Newark Campus
- Housing - Livingston Campus
- Dining Services - Newark Campus
- Dining Services - Livingston Campus
In addition to the Online Application, applicants must complete the following:
1. Application fee (non-refundable) of $70
Checks and money orders should be made payable to Rutgers, the State University of New Jersey. Do not send cash. This can also be paid online via a credit card.
2. Official Transcripts
Applicants must mail in an official transcript for each undergraduate and graduate institution attended.
For Rutgers graduates, please note that even though you are applying to Rutgers as an alumnus, you still need to contact the Registrar's office and request your official transcript be mailed to our office.
* If you are a domestic applicant holding international transcripts, please refer to these instructions.
3. GMAT or GRE Test Results
Official GMAT or GRE test results, taken within five years from the term of entrance, are required.
- GMAT code: QK5-XT-40
- GRE code: 5529
Applicants holding one of the following degrees are exempt from the GMAT/GRE: JD, PhD, MD, or PharmD.
For applicants who are full-time career military, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about the possibility of a GMAT waiver.
4. Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), IELTS, or Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic)
You must submit the TOEFL or PTE Academic test if your native language is not English. Not required of students who have obtained an undergraduate or graduate degree in the U.S. or other English speaking countries (Canada, England, etc...).
- TOEFL Code: B355
- IELTS: Please contact IELTS and have your score sent to our office (address listed below).
- PTE Academic is a computer-based academic English language proficiency test designed to measure reading, writing, listening and speaking skills, as they are used in an academic setting. Rutgers Business School requires a minimum score of 68 on PTE Academic.
5. You must provide two letters of recommendation
Letters of recommendation can either be submitted through the online application or they can be mailed to our office directly by the recommender on company letterhead.
6. Submit your current resume
This can be done through the online application.
You must select 1 of the 3 essay topics below. Essay should be typed, double spaced, and 2 pages in length.
- You must submit an essay describing a professional ethical dilemma you have faced and how you resolved it.
- Explain what you have learned from your experience as a member of a team whose project was not completed successfully.
- Describe your greatest professional achievement and how you added value to your organization
Additional/Optional Essay - provide any additional information not addressed elsewhere in your application materials which will help the Admissions Committee learn more about your candidacy. Please address any employment gaps, academic concerns, strengths or weaknesses.
8. International Applicants
Additional requirements apply to international applicants. Click here for instructions.
Mailing address for all supporting documents
Rutgers Business School — Newark and New Brunswick
Office of Graduate Admissions
1 Washington Park, Suite 124
Newark, New Jersey 07102
If you have any questions, please contact the RBS Graduate Admissions office at (973) 353-1234 or email@example.com.