Academic advisement is a collaborative process between students and their advisor. They are partners in meeting the essential learning goals that support student success. Academic advisement is a process in which it is the responsibility of the student to take the lead and responsibility for their academic career. Advisors provide the students with the tools, direction and appropriate referrals to assist them in meeting their educational goals.
- Acquire the information needed to assume responsibility for course scheduling, program planning, and the successful completion of all degree requirements.
- Use the RBS Undergraduate Program-New Brunswick Website, Schedule of Classes, Degree Navigator and WEBREG to check major/minor requirements prerequisites for courses.
- Use the RBS Undergraduate Program-New Brunswick Website, Rutgers-New Brunswick 2011-2013 Catalog and Academic Calendars to learn all policies, procedures and deadlines.
- Check your Eden email account regularly and read all messages from official university offices. Follow us Twitter, Facebook, and Linkedin to get up to the minute information pertaining to the Dean’s Office and the Office of Career Management.
- Schedule an appointment with your assigned RBS Academic Advisor at least once a semester to ensure your timely and satisfactory progress towards completion of all degree requirements.
- Arrive to appointments on time and prepared.
- Seek assistance from your assigned RBS Academic Advisor whenever you have questions or concerns.
- Use campus resources and services to assist you in achieving your academic, personal and career goals.
- Follow through when referred to other administrative offices and resources.
- Be professional, courteous, and respectful.
(Taken from the Council for the Advancement of Standards in Higher Education)
- Develop a thorough knowledge of degree requirements for the business programs and a working knowledge of academic options and resources throughout the University.
- Provide students with clear and accurate information regarding university policies, procedures, deadlines and services to students.
- Assist students with making educational plans that are consistent with their goals, abilities, and interests.
- Clarify General Education or SAS Core and major/minor requirements.
- Offer recommendations and strategies for academic success.
- Refer students to the appropriate support services and departments as needed.
- Be professional, courteous, and respectful.
Rutgers Business School: Undergraduate – New Brunswick Program Dean’s Office is located at 94 Rockafeller Road, Room 112. The office is open Monday-Friday to students for posted walk-in hours and appointments.
All Rutgers Business School: Undergraduate – New Brunswick students are assigned an RBS Academic Advisor. Students are expected to meet with their assigned advisor at least once per semester to ensure that they are completing all academic requirements and making satisfactory progress towards completion of degree.
Students will be required to make an appointment with their assigned RBS Academic Advisor for:
- Semester and/or long-term planning
- Academic Probation
- Graduation pre-certification
- School-to-School transfer
- Any other situation/concern not appropriate for walk-in hours
Walk-in hours allow RBS students to have an advisor available to assist with routine matters, such as assisting with referrals, answering questions and course scheduling issues. There are no posted walk-in hours during the summer months. All visits will be by appointment only.
Appropriate situations for walk-in hours
- Declaration/Change of Major
- Requesting forms
- Submitting documentation (official transcript, Independent Study Forms, Internship Forms, Scholastic Standing Appeals Forms, Appeal of Transfer Credit Form, etc.)
- Withdrawing from a course(s)
- Personal or family issues that directly affects your ability to attend classes or to complete course work
- Referral to another academic department or administrative office
Undergraduate Walk-In Advising Hours - Starting September 16th for the Fall 2013 Semester
|Seniors! Neeta Chandrashekhar Hours|
|Monday||9:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. & 2:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Tuesday||NO MORNING HOURS & 2:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Wednesday||BY APPOINTMENT ONLY|
|Thursday||9:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. & 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.|
|Friday||9:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. & 2:30 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.|
|Juniors! Lauren dudzak Hours|
|Monday||BY APPOINTMENT ONLY|
|Tuesday||NO MORNING HOURS 2:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Wednesday||9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. & 2:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Thursday||9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. & 2:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Friday||9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. & 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.|
|Sophomores! John Muth Hours|
|Monday||9:30 a.m. -11:30 a.m. & 1:30 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.|
|Tuesday||9:30 a.m. -11:30 a.m. & 1:30 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.|
|Wednesday||9:30 a.m. -11:30 a.m. & 1:30 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.|
|Thursday||9:30 a.m. -11:30 a.m. & 1:30 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.|
|Friday||9:30 a.m. -11:30 a.m. & 1:30 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.|
|First year Hours (either dean schnatter or emma waldron will be available)|
|Monday||Emma: BY APPOINTMENT ONLY Dean Schnatter: 9:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. & 2:30 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.|
|Tuesday||Emma: 9:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. & 2:30 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. Dean Schnatter: A.M. APPOINTMENT ONLY, NO P.M. HOURS|
|Wednesday||Emma: NO A.M. HOURS & 2:30 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. Dean Schnatter: NO A.M. HOURS, P.M. BY APPOINTMENT ONLY|
|Thursday||Emma: BY APPOINTMENT ONLY Dean Schnatter: 9:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. & 2:30 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.|
|Friday||Emma: 9:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. NO P.M. HOURS Dean Schnatter: NO ADVISING HOURS|
During add/drop variations to these advising schedules will be e-mailed out on the list serv and posted on our Facebook page. Please be sure to check the page for updates.