Fundamentals of Customer Experience
This session will cover the who, what, where and why of customer experience at the 50,000 ft. level and sets the tone for the deeper level content throughout the week. It's putting people – your customers, employees and suppliers - at the center of your business, having them at the table with you to understand and act on their wants and needs. It's why Google, Amazon, Apple, Disney and other industry leaders continue to outperform and deliver strategic business outcomes. These companies understand the need to always consider 3 fundamental questions:
- Who is your audience?
- What are they trying to do?
- How does your brand/product/service help them do it?
Many companies and leaders think they know the answer to these questions, but their efforts ultimately fail (sometimes dismally). Why? Are they taking on "inside out" approach, focusing on the needs of their business/KPIs/agencies without given attention and voice to the prospects and customers they serve?
- Learn about customer experience – what it is, why it’s important
- Understand the key drivers to a successful customer experience
- Where in the org does customer-centric fit, and how can you broaden it’s reach in your organization
Customer Experience Strategy: Experience Based Differentiation
This takes the fundamentals of customer experiences and frames them in a strategic business context. Knowing your company, your customer and your competition is vital to experience-based differentiation. This module will help managers charged with experience transformation to align strategic business objectives to a line-of-site to the experiences that people have with your brand.
- Moving from tactical to strategic user and customer-centric design
- Aligning experience design with your company's business strategy
- Creating a data-driven user model
- Design thinking for feature set innovation
- Creating an experience design strategy
- Communicating your UX strategy to executives, partners, and your team
CX Psychology: What Makes Customers (and You) Happy?
This module relies on findings from psychology and behavioral economics to help you understand what drives customer happiness. You will learn how the Customer Experience (CX) can be perfected by applying concepts such as “loss aversion” and “hyperbolic discounting.” For instance, you will understand which touch points in the CX journey you should focus on more on: how you should manage the environment and rely on gentle nudges to shape CX; and how you should use the math of CX psychology to make your customers happy.
- Peak-end rule: Focus on the touchpoints that matter during the CX journey
- Attribution: Manage the CX environment to improve perceptions, while avoiding negative misattributions
- Framing and Context: Rely on gentle nudges to shape CX
- Utilize the math of CX psychology
- Negative > Positive Experiences: |-1CX| > |2CX|
- Sooner > Later Experiences: CX sooner > CX later
- Improving > Declining Experiences: 1CX + 2CX > 2CX + 1CX
Experience Mapping: Aligning Customer and Business Value
The interaction between a customer and a business is where value is created for each. Visualizing the touchpoints between the two exposes new opportunities for improvement and growth. Experience maps align customer-business interactions in a way that gives strategic focus to create solutions with impact. Journey mapping is an exercise intended to offer organizations a comprehensive view of the customer’s experience from initial contact throughout the relationship, with a goal of helping organizations gain an overall understanding of the customer and their needs. With this data in hand, it becomes clear that caring for the customer can no longer be confined to the customer service department; rather, it must be the responsibility of everyone within an organization to meet the customer’s needs.
- Learn the principles and process for touchpoint alignment
- Acquire the skills needed to initiate and conduct an experience mapping project
- Gain hands-on experience visualizing and documenting the customer experience
The Rise of the Omni-channel Customer: Your Customer Journey in Practice
In this thought-provoking session that draws on years of both research and real-world experience, the instructor will help you understand how B2B and B2C customers browse, shop, and buy using every channel at their disposal — and how your business must respond. This module will help you assess your ability (or lack of) to meet customers' needs across multiple channels, touchpoints, screens, and sessions.
- Explore what world-class companies are doing in marketing, sales, e-commerce, fulfillment, and customer service as your customers’ browsing, shopping, and buying habits continue to evolve
- Learn how to develop the people, processes, and platforms necessary to respond to changing customer needs today and in the years to come
- Understand the evolution of "multi-channel retailing" to "omni-channel retailing" and the importance of mobile and social media in online customer acquisition
Personalizing Customer Experience with Data and Technology
This module shows how to create new value by bringing customer-insight and strategy together using data and design to present personalized experiences when they can help most. Learn to assemble your customer experience technology stack to scale your brand's customer experiences.
- Learn frameworks for aligning cross-functional teams for a unified customer approach
- Use customer journey frameworks as a tool in instrument personalized experiences
- Gain an understanding of the systems and expertise required 'back stage' to orchestrate easier and more useful interactions with customers
Aligning To Customers With Jobs To Be Done
The concept of jobs to be done (JTBD) provides a lens through which we can understand value creation. The term was made popular by business leader Clayton Christensen in The Innovator’s Solution, the follow-up to his landmark book The Innovator’s Dilemma. It’s a straightforward principle: people “hire” products and services to get a job done. This approach has gotten a lot of attention recently. Still, practical ways to applying the concept of JTBD in real-world settings is largely missing. This workshop is designed to give you concrete, practical skills use can use to apply JTBD to create high-value products and services. We’ll work in groups to get hands-on experience and have lively conversations.
- Find out how to create solutions customers want. Shift your mindset and make innovation work.
- Help your organization see the market from the customers’ perspective–as individuals trying to get a job done
- Extend the ways in which you view customers
Measurement, Metrics and ROI
As a leader, the knowledge of digital measurement will empower you to make better investment decisions throughout your business. ROI maximization includes partnering with agencies and service providers to create an ecosystem of success, and knowing the right questions to ask of your team or partners is critical. This session will explore key frameworks for measuring digital effectiveness and return on investment (ROI).
- Understanding how customer-centric metrics fit into a voice of the customer program
- Focusing on the right metrics that capture the customer experience
- Finding the balance of qualitative and quantitative metrics
- Learn the most important uses for measurement
Customer-Centric Organizational Leadership and Transformation
How do you evangelize customer centricity and create a shared vision within your organization? Learn the best ways to parlay your leadership style in a way that engages and inspires your managed employees and business colleagues to adopt and deliver a customer-centric business strategy. This session will focus on ensuring that the customer experience initiatives undertaken by your organization are visible, understood and supported by your employees.
- Learn the framework for being a catalyst for transformation
- Learn key steps to create customer-centric abilities in your employees
- Be able to identify what true transformation looks like
Mining Customer Insights through Data Analytics
Do you truly understand the theory of customer relationship management (CRM) and how it can support your organization? How do you build a client profile that makes a difference in your business? The interaction between a customer and a business is where value is created. Understanding this connection exposes new opportunities for improvement and growth; aligning customer-business interactions in a way that gives a more pragmatic focus. Mining customer insights is essential to designing an effective and profitable customer experience. In this workshop, you’ll learn how to turn customer observations into actionable insights through the use of alignment diagrams.
- Learn the principles and process for touch point alignment, showing value creation for the customer and for the business
- Learn how to create artifacts such as customer personas
- Acquire the skills needed to initiate and conduct an experience-mapping project
- Gain hands-on experience drafting and visualizing the customer experience
- Find out how to use experience mapping for strategic alignment with teams and stakeholders
For an overview of our Mini-MBA: Customer-Centric Management program plus program benefits and outcomes, please click here.