From houses to high-rise developments, real estate is everywhere. To succeed in this industry, you need a sharp set of tools and an in-depth understanding of real estate and finance principles.
The MBA concentration in Real Estate will prepare you with knowledge you need to grow as a real estate professional.
Our curriculum is built on four core courses -- Aggregate Economic Analysis, Real Estate Finance, Real Estate Law and Real Estate Development -- each designed to give you a profound understanding of issues touching all aspects of the real estate industry. Innovative electives let you zero in on particular parts of the real estate industry that interest you.
- Acquire a working knowledge of mortgage markets and financing alternatives
- Use market and lease information to value income-producing property and assess the risks inherent in investment in property markets
- Evaluate rewards and risks associated with a potential development opportunity
- Use market and demographic information to determine the best use for a given property
- Understand how legal issues impact and shape the selection, acquisition, development, financing, ownership, and management of real property
As a Real Estate MBA, there are a variety of career options available to you in a range of commercial sectors:
- Investment analysis
- Asset management
- Commercial and residential brokerage
- Commercial and investment banking
- Property management
- Mortgage brokerage
Inroads to Industry
As an MBA in Real Estate, you'll have access to industry leaders through the newly created Center for Real Estate, which will help provide mentoring, internships and career opportunities in the real estate profession.
The Center is supported by a 70-member advisory board made up of the most influential and innovative real estate firms in the New York/New Jersey metropolitan area who will serve as guest speakers and hire Rutgers graduates. Members of the Advisory Board include CEOs and senior executives at top-tier firms.
Professor and Paul V. Profeta Chair in Real Estate
Professor Morris A. Davis is the Paul V. Profeta Chair of Real Estate and the Academic Director of the Center for Real Estate at the Rutgers Business School. Previously, Davis was the James A. Graaskamp Chair of Real Estate in the Department of Real Estate at the University of Wisconsin-Madison...Learn More