Publications with PhD Students and Alumni:
- S. Gopalakrishnan & F. Damanpour, "Patterns of Generation and Adoption of Innovation in Organizations: Contingency Models of Innovation Attributes," Journal of Engineering and Technology Management, Vol. 11. 1994, 95-116.
- S. Gopalakrishnan & F. Damanpour, "Innovation Research in Economics, Sociology, and Technology Management," Omega, Vol. 25, 1997, 15-28.
- F. Damanpour & S. Gopalakrishnan, "Theories of Organizational Structure and Innovation Adoption: The Role of Environmental Change," Journal of Engineering and Technology Management, Vol. 15, 1998, 1-24.
- F. Damanpour & S. Gopalakrishnan, “Organizational Adaptation and Innovation: The Dynamics of Adopting Innovation Types,” in K. Brockhoff, A. Chakrabarti, & J. Hauschildt (Eds.), The Dynamics of Innovation: Strategic and Managerial Implications, Springer-Verlag, 1999, 57-80.
- S. Gopalakrishnan & F. Damanpour, “The Impact of Organizational Context on Innovation Adoption in Commercial Banks," IEEE Transaction on Engineering Management, Vol. 47, 2000, 14-25.
- F. Damanpour & S. Gopalakrishnan, "The Dynamics of the Adoption of Product and Process Innovations in Organizations," Journal of Management Studies, Vol. 38, 2001, 45-65.
- M. Schneider & F. Damanpour, “Determinants of Public Pension Plan Investment Return: A Test of Fund Value Maximization and Public Choice Theory," Public Management Review, Vol. 3, 2001, 551-573.
- M. Schneider & F. Damanpour, “Public Choice Economics and Public Pension Plan Funding: An Empirical Test,” Administration & Society, Vol. 34, 2002, 57-86.
- V. Pothukuchi, F. Damanpour, J. Choi, C. C. Chen, & S. H. Park, "National and Organizational Culture Differences and International Joint Venture Performance," Journal of International Business Studies, Vol. 33, 2002, 243-265.
- S. Gopalakrishnan, J. D. Wischnevsky, & F. Damanpour, "The Impact of the Internet on Strategic and Organizational Change: The Case of Retail Banking," IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management, Vol. 50, 2003, 413-426.
- N. Kobeissi & F. Damanpour, "The Diffusion of a Socially Responsible Innovation: Grameen Bank’s Credit Delivery System,” International Journal of Entrepreneurship and Innovation Management, Vol. 3, 2003, 563-584.
- N. Kobeissi & F. Damanpour, “From Poor to Entrepreneur: An Innovative Strategy to Entrepreneurship and Small Business Development,” Journal of Enterprising Culture, Vol. 11, 2003: 399-405.
- J. D. Wischnevsky & F. Damanpour, "Punctuated Equilibrium Model of Organizational Transformation: Sources and Consequences in the Banking Industry." In R. W. Woodman & W. A. Pasmore (Eds.), Research in Organizational Change and Development, Vol. 15, Elsevier, 2005, 207-239.
- F. Damanpour & M. Schneider, “Initiation, Adoption, and Implementation of Innovation: Effects of Context, Organization, and Leaders,” British Journal of Management, Vol. 17, 2006, 215-236.
- J. D. Wischnevsky & F. Damanpour, "Organizational Transformation and Performance: An Examination of Three Perspectives," Journal of Managerial Issue, Vol. 18, 2006, 104-128.
- F. Damanpour & D. Aravind, “Product and Process Innovations: A Review of Organizational and Environmental Determinants,” In J. Hage & M. Meeus (Eds.), Innovation, Science, and Institutional Change: A Research Handbook, Oxford University Press, 2006, 38-66.
- F. Damanpour & J. D. Wischnevsky, “Research on Organizational Innovation: Distinguishing Innovation-Generating from Innovation-Adopting Organizations,” Journal of Engineering and Technology Management, Vol. 23, 2006, 269-291.
- C. Grevesen & F. Damanpour, “The Internationalization of R&D and Innovative Performance in Multinational Enterprises,” International Journal of Technology Management, Vol. 38, 2007, 113-137.
- J. D. Wischnevsky & F. Damanpour, “Radical Strategic and Structural Change: Occurrence, antecedents, and consequences,” International Journal of Technology Management, Vol. 44, 2008, 53-80.
- P. Bierly, F. Damanpour, & M. Santoro, “The Application of External Knowledge: Organizational Conditions for Exploration and Exploitation,” Journal of Management Studies, Vol. 46 (3), 2009, 481-509.
- F. Damanpour & M. Schneider, “Characteristics of Innovation and Innovation Adoption in Public Organizations: Assessing the Role of Management,” Journal of Public Administration Research and Theory, Vol. 19, 2009, 495-522.
- N. Kobeissi & F. Damanpour, “Corporate Responsiveness to Community Stakeholders: Effects of Contextual and Organizational Characteristics,” Business & Society, Vol. 48 (3), 2009, 326-359.
- J.D. Wischnevsky, F. Damanpour, & F. Mendez, “Influence of Environmental Factors and Prior Changes on the Organizational Adoption of Changes in Products and in Technological and Administrative Processes,” British Journal of Management, Vol. 22 (1), 2011, 132-149.
- F. Damanpour, H. H. Chiu, & C. Magelssen, “Initiation, Implementation, and Complexity of Managerial Innovation”, Handbook of Managerial and Organizational Innovation, T.S. Pitsis (Ed.), Edward-Elgar Press, 2012, 275-294.
- F. Damanpour & D. Aravind, “A Review of Research on Organizational Structure and Innovation: From Organic to Ambidextrous Structure”, Handbook of Organizational Creativity, M. D. Mumford (Ed.), Elsevier, 2012, 483-513.
- F. Damanpour, C. Devece, C. Chen, & V. Pothukuchi, "Organizational Culture and Partner Interaction in the Management of International Joint Ventures in India," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Vol. 29 (2), 2012, 453-478.
- F. Damanpour & D. Aravind, “Managerial Innovation: Conceptions, Processes, and Antecedents,” Management and Organization Review, Vol. 8(2), 2012, 423-454.
- Aravind, D., Damanpour, F., & Devece, C. “Environmental Performance: Interplay between the Roles of Process Innovation Capability and Managerial Innovation Implementation”, In J.L. Hervás-Oliver and M. Peris-Ortiz (Eds.), Management Innovation: Antecedents, Complementarities and Performance Consequences, Springer International Publishing, Switzerland, 2014, 29-43.
Name: Chiu, Hao-Hsuan
Graduation Date: 2013/May
Thesis Title: Manager's Influence Tactics and Innovation Implementation Effectiveness: Effects of User's Characteristics and Innovation Attributes
Name: Li, Jun
Graduation Date: 2012/October
Thesis Title: Adoption of Management Innovation: an Organizational Learning Perspective
Name: Kobeissi, Nada
Graduation Date: 2003/January
Thesis Title: Determinants and Effect of Banks' Community Stakeholder Performance: A Study of Large U.S. Commercial Banks
Name: Grevesen, Chris
Graduation Date: 2001/May
Thesis Title: The Internationalization of Technological Activity and R&D Performance in Multinational Enterprises
Name: Pothukuchi, Vijay
Graduation Date: 1999/ October
Thesis Title: Influence of Cultural Differences on the Performance of Cross-Cultural Joint Ventures
Name: Wischnevsky, J. Daniel
Graduation Date: 1999/May
Thesis Title: Antecedents and Performance Consequences of Organizational Transformation: A Study of Revolutionary and Non-revolutionary Organizational Transformation in the Banking Industry
Name: Schneider, Marguerite
Graduation Date: 1998/May
Thesis Title: The Battle for Control of Public Pension Plans: An Empirical Study Utilizing the Nexus of Roles Agency Model
Name: Keresty, Georgia
Graduation Date: 1998/May
Thesis Title: A Dynamic Model of Innovation Adoption in Organizations: Individual, Organizational and Contextual Characteristics of the Initiation and Implementation Stages of the Innovation
Name: Gopalakrishnan, Shanthi
Graduation Date: 1995/May
Thesis Title: Competitive Strategy-Innovation Strategy Coalignment and Organization Performance: A Study in the Commercial Banking Industry