Assistant Professor of Professional Practice
Dr. Lucas is a trusted Human Resources and Organizational Development leader with a proven track record of delivering results that accelerate business success in organizations. His industry experience includes pharmaceuticals, high tech, energy, logistics and information services.
Areas of expertise include: organizational design, change management, talent management, leadership development, coaching, succession planning, learning & development, strategy creation, coaching & career management and performance management.
Most recent experience includes; Manager, Change Management consulting at Accenture, LLC; Head of Learning and Development for Ranbaxy (USA); Director of Talent and Organizational Development & Head of HR for South Jersey Industries, a NJ based energy company and Senior Director of Leadership Development at Wyeth Pharma, Prior to that he was a Consulting Director at Johnson & Johnson completing many team and organizational re-design projects on a global scale.
Before taking a full time role at Rutgers Business School, Dr. Lucas was an adjunct at the Rutgers Center for Management Development for fifteen years.
A highlight of accomplishments includes:
- The design and implementation of new structure and processes with the intention of making HR a more strategic valued business partner.
- Managing the organizational design and change related interventions in the creation of a new company. Led a team of 10 consultants over a period of four years.
- He has conducted a variety of OD interventions including team building, organizational culture and organizational design, conflict resolution, workforce planning and competency development.
Certifications & Assessment Experience
- Lominger Leadership Competencies
- FIRO B
- Drexler Team Development
- Hermann Brain Dominance Certification
- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator
- DiSC Personality Assessment
- PROSCI Change Management Certification
- Kotter’s Change Management model
- Baccalaureate teaching degree from the University of Oxford, UK
- B.A.,(Social Science) Open University, UK
- M.A. in Organization Development from Montclair University
- Doctorate in Adult Learning from Rutgers University
- Advanced Certificate in OD for Senior HR from Columbia University.