By collaborating with researchers and industry experts from various disciplines, the Center for Information Management, Integration and Connectivity (CIMIC) provides a platform for multidisciplinary, integrated research and development activities.
CIMIC's mission is to:
- Explore, develop and conduct applied scientific research on issues related to digital libraries and electronic commerce
- Identify, develop, and demonstrate new applications and be instrumental in the transfer of technology to sponsor organizations
- Foster a multi-disciplinary research program that brings together researchers from a diverse set of areas -- including computer information systems, computer science, environmental science, healthcare, marketing, finance and economics, and industrial engineering -- and utilize results and resources of the other centers located within and beyond Rutgers
- Sponsor technical workshops and seminars that address timely research challenges
- Serve the community through outreach activities by providing education and mentor programs for inner-city youth