2nd Online Doctoral Workshop on Supply Chain Analytics
Please join us in the 2nd Online Doctoral Workshop on Supply Chain Analytics on June 2, 2021.
Objective: To prepare Ph.D. students for the academic job market and help junior faculty with teaching, research and tenure.
Format: One day, online, no registration fee.
- Welcome and Opening Remark (8:50am – 9am EST) by Executive Vice Dean Yaw Mensah (Rutgers)
- Morning 1st session (9am – 10:30am EST): Academic Job Market:
- How did the pandemic change the higher education?
- With the introduction of vaccines, where is the academic market going 2021?
- Perspectives of different schools.
- Morning 2nd session (10:30am – 12pm EST): Ph.D. curriculum design:
- How to choose research topics?
- How to get ready, methodologically, for doing research?
- How to transit from a student to a faculty member?
- Afternoon 1st session (1:30pm – 3pm EST): Teaching innovations: The pandemic made us realize the more-than-ever need to connect teaching to practice.
- How to motivate and equip students to discover and solve current problems in practice?
- New and effective teaching techniques: online, hybrid, experiential.
- Analytics teaching pedagogy: from problem solving to problem discovery.
- Afternoon 2nd session (3pm-4:30pm EST): Research, Publishing and Tenure:
- How do editors / referees review a paper?
- My paper is rejected! What is next?
- Potential topics related to the pandemic.
- The importance of referee work and conference participation.
We are excited to have the EIC of Management Science, Professor David Simchi-Levi (MIT), the EIC of Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, Professor Georgia Perakis (MIT), Dean Lei Lei (Rutgers), Dean Eric Johnson (Vanderbilt), Dean Cole Smith (Syracuse), Vice Dean Mor Armony (NYU), Senior Associate Dean Jeff Camm (Wake Forest), Senior Associate Dean Yael Grushka-Cockayne (University of Virginia), Senior Associate Dean Brian Tomlin (Dartmouth), Professor Kris Ferreira (HBS), Professor Elena Katok (UTD), Professor Pinar Keskinocak (Georgia Tech), Professor Panos Kouvelis (WUSTL), Professor Michael Pinedo (NYU), Professor Kamalini Ramdas (LBS), Professor Saibal Ray (McGill), Professor Alan Scheller-Wolf (Carnegie Mellon), Professor Kevin Shang (Duke), Professor George Shanthikumar (Purdue), Professor Tom Tan (SMU), Professor Tolga Tezcan (LBS), Professor Ruxian Wang (Johns Hopkins), Professor Candi Yano (UC Berkeley), Professor Yao Zhao (Rutgers), and many esteemed faculty and colleagues (to be announced upon confirmation) to share their perspectives. PhD students and junior faculty from universities around the world are welcome to join us.
Organizing committee: Drs. Rachel Chen (UC Davis), Ling Dong (WUSTL), Burak Kazaz (Syracuse University), Adam Mersereau (UNC), Yao Zhao (Rutgers).
The workshop will be recorded. With the permission from the speakers and panelists, the recorded videos will be shared (only) with registered participants.
|Registered participants attention: If you are registered or serve as a panelist, we will send you the link and password to the meeting. If you cannot find them, please double-check your spam or trash for "2nd online doctoral workshop”.|
If you have any question, please feel free to contact:
Dr. Yao Zhao (email@example.com),
This event is free.