Rutgers Business School Digital Marketing Summit
"The Rise of Direct-To-Consumer Brands"
Direct-to-Consumer (DTC) brands are disrupting the digital marketing place by making, shipping, and marketing their products directly to buyers. In traditional categories that seemed safe from change, DTCsbypass traditional stores, wholesalers, and other third-party channels, andare changing and creating a new retail model. This conference will explore their successful marketing strategies andexaminehow traditional brands are trying to catch up with this competitive threat and introduce our students to this marketplace.
- 8:30am-9:30 - Breakfast – Sponsor: Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB)
- 9:30am-9:45 - Opening remarks by Dean Lei
- 9:45am-10:15 - Fireside chat #1– “Starting a DTC” - KJ Miller, Mented Cosmetics, CEO & Founder
– Stacy Schwartz - moderator
- 10:15am-11:25 - Panel #1 – “Innovative DTC Companies” Warby Parker, Harry's
– Yla Eason - moderator
- 11:25am-11:40 - Coffee break
- 11:40:pm-12:50 - Panel #2 – “DTC Activation and Process Value Chain” - The Tech Recipes, Capacity LLC, Advercast
– Erich Toncre - moderator
- 12:50pm-1:50pm - Lunch - Keynote speaker – Sue Hogan, SVP of Research, IAB “The Future of the DTC Marketplace”
– Alex Kunish - moderator
- 1:50pm-2:30 - Panel #3 – “How Legacy Brands are Responding to the Disruption of DTCs” - Tony Effik, SVP Client Strategy, NBCUniversal & Lisa Kennedy, VP, and General Manager of eCommerce, Samsung
–Marc Kalan - moderator
- 2:30pm-3:00 - Networking
This event is free.