GMAT, GRE, or EA (Executive Assessment)
- GMAT code: QK5-XT-13
- GRE code: 5529
- Executive Assessment code: QK5-XT-40
You are not required to submit a test score with your application to the Part-Time MBA program if you meet ANY of the following criteria:
- Already hold one of the following degrees from an accredited U.S. university: JD, Ph.D., MD, or DO.
- Are applying for the dual-degree PharmD/MBA program (current Rutgers Pharmacy students only).
- Business, Economics, or STEM related majors: Three years of professional, progressive work experience and an overall GPA* of 3.00 or better.
- All other majors: Five years of professional, progressive work experience with an overall GPA* of 3.00 or better.
- Completion of an rSBI certificate program (9 or 12 credits) at Rutgers Business School with a GPA of 3.00 or better.
If you do not meet these criteria, you may still request a Test Waiver. Click the GMAT waiver request box on the application portal and upload a brief document with the reason for the request. Waivers are highly selective and will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
For Rutgers University undergraduate seniors graduating May or December:
If you have an overall GPA of 3.30 or better and a job offer to start after graduation, we will waive the test requirement. May graduates will be applying for the summer term and December graduates will be applying for the spring term. When applying, click the GMAT waiver request box on the application portal and upload the offer letter.
* International transcripts without a GPA must be evaluated by a NACES member ( https://www.naces.org/ ) such as WES.
Please be aware that receiving a GMAT or GRE test waiver does not guarantee acceptance into the Part-Time MBA program.
Supplying a test score may benefit you in the admission process. Please consider thoughtfully the benefits of taking the GMAT or GRE exam and contact us for more information.
How do I request a test waiver?
If you meet the above requirements, click the GMAT waiver request box on the application portal.
I am applying to a dual-degree program at Rutgers. Do I need to take the test?
Students applying to the PharmD/MBA dual degree are not required to take the GMAT or GRE. Applicants to all other dual degree programs are required to submit a test score.