Board of Advisors
The Masters in Governmental Accounting program provides students with real-world knowledge and skills training through a curriculum designed with the input of leading experts in the field of governmental accounting and auditing, whose members include:
- Joel Black, Chair, Governmental Accounting Standards Board
- Warren Broudy, Managing Director, The Mercadien Group
- Rick Fair, Former New Jersey State Auditor
- Robert Dacey, Chief Accountant, Government Accountability Office
- Jane Letts-Parvesse, Partner, KPMG
- Chris Morrill, Executive Director/CEO, Government Finance Officers Association
- R. Kinney Poynter, Executive Director, National Association of State Auditors Comptrollers and Treasurers
- John Stanford, Technical Director, International Public Sector Accounting Standards Board
- Rob Whiteman, Chief Executive, CIPFA
- Monica Valentine, Executive Director, Federal Accounting Standards Advisory Board
Assistant Professor of Professional Practice and Director of Master of Accountancy in Governmental Accounting
Professor Bora is the former Chief Financial Officer and Director of Finance and Management at the New Jersey Meadowlands Commission where he managed the financial operations of the agency and served as the administrator of the Meadowlands Intermunicipal Tax Sharing Formula. He has helped direct the Masters Degree Program in...
Former Instructor of Professional Practice
Richard Fair is a certified public accountant and a certified government financial accountant. Richard has more than 30 years experience serving in New Jersey state government, including more than 18 years as the New Jersey State Auditor. Richard was responsible for performing financial and performance audits of all state agencies...
Professor and Executive Vice Dean
Professor Mensah’s teaching and research interests are in managerial and financial accounting, particularly in the areas of the evaluation of efficiency and productivity measurement, the financial reporting of non-profit institutions, and the use of accounting information in the capital markets.