Data-Driven Supply Chain Research Conference
For academics interested in operations management, supply chain management, statistics and technology fields.
This conference is being organized by Rutgers Supply Chain Management Department with support from RBS Dean’s office and Johnson & Johnson
Sessions will be held on two separate days: May 28 and 29, 2020. Start and end times are tentative. A detailed conference schedule will be made available in March 2020.
- Len DeCandia, Chief Procurement Officer, Johnson & Johnson
- Max Shen, Chancellor’s Professor at UC-Berkeley, Chief Scientist of JD.com
- David Simchi-Levi, Professor at MIT, Editor-in-Chief of Management Science
- Chris Tang, Edward W. Carter Chair at UCLA, Editor-in-Chief of Manufacturing & Service Operations Management
To ensure the high-quality of the conference, we will only run one session at a time. Invited session speakers can submit full-length research manuscripts to compete for the best paper awards (1st prize $3000, 2nd prize $2000 and 3rd prize $1000)
- Ming Hu, Professor at University of Toronto, Editor-in-Chief of Naval Research Logistics, Associate Editor of Operations Research and Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, Senior Editor of Production and Operations Management
- Mingzhou Jin, Professor at University of Tennessee, IISE Fellow
- Michael Katehakis, Distinguished Professor at Rutgers Business School, INFORMS Fellow, Associate Editor of Mathematics of Operations Research
- Subodha Kumar, Paul R. Anderson Distinguished Professor at Temple University’s Fox School of Business, Deputy Editor and a Department Editor of Production and Operations Management (POM), and the Deputy Editor-in-Chief of Management and Business Review
- Anand Nair, Professor at Michigan State University, Co-Department Editor (Healthcare) of Journal of Operations Management
- Michael L. Pinedo, Julius Schlesinger Professor of Operations Management at NYU, Department Editor of Production and Operations Management, Associate Editor of Management Science and Manufacturing and Services Operations Management
- Miklos Vasarhelyi, KPMG Distinguished Professor of Accounting Information Systems at Rutgers Business School,
- Yao Zhao, Professor at Rutgers Business School, Co-Director of Rutgers Supply Chain Analytics Laboratory
- Conference registration: registration by Friday, February 28, 2020 is recommended
- Abstract submission: by Friday, March 20, 2020
- Full-size paper submission for best paper competition: by Friday, April 10, 2020
Hyatt Regency New Brunswick, 2 Albany St, New Brunswick, NJ 08901. Guest Room Rate: $162.00/night. Complimentary shuttle service is available between the hotel and Rutgers campus 7am-7pm. Please book as early as possible, since the room blocks may be sold out quickly.
Please note: If you need additional assistance, please contact the hotel at 877-803-7534. If the group rate is no longer available, prevailing rates may be offered for some or all of your dates.
Note: The conference has no registration fee. We also cover the breakfast and lunch on both days and will host a general reception at the Johnson & Johnson’s New Brunswick campus on May 28, 2020 (sponsored by Johnson & Johnson), so attendees are only responsible for transportation and lodging.