Dr. Hilal Atasoy is an Assistant Professor of Accounting and Information Systems at the Rutgers Business School. She joined the faculty at Rutgers from the Fox School of Business at Temple University where she was an Assistant Professor. She has a Ph.D. and a Master’s degree in Economics from the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign. Her research analyzes how information systems and the associated flow of information across providers affect healthcare and the impacts of information technology and innovation on labor markets. Dr. Atasoy’s research has been published in leading outlets such as Management Science, Information Systems Research, and Industrial and Labor Relations Review.
Peer Reviewed Publications
- Atasoy, H., Demirezen, E., Chen, P. (2020) Impacts of Patient Characteristics and Care Fragmentation on the Value of Health Information Exchanges, Forthcoming at Production and Operations Management
- Atasoy, H., Banker, R., Pavlou, P. (2020) Information Technology Skills and Labor Market Outcomes of Workers, Forthcoming at Information Systems Research
- Ganju, K., Atasoy, H., Greenwood, B., McCullough, J. (2020) The Role of Decision Support Systems in Attenuating Racial Biases in Healthcare Delivery, Articles in Advance at Management Science.
- Atasoy, H., Greenwood, B., McCullough, J. (2019) The Digitization of Patient Care: A Review of the Effects of Electronic Health Records on Health care Quality and Utilization, Annual Review of Public Health, 40: 487-500.
- Atasoy, H., Chen, P., Ganju, K. (2018) The Spillover Effects of Health IT Investments on Regional Health Care Costs, Management Science, 64(6): 2515-2534.
- Atasoy, H., Banker, R., Pavlou, P. (2016) On the Longitudinal Effects of IT Use on Firm-Level Employment, Information Systems Research, 27(1): 6–26. (Lead Article)
- Atasoy, H. (2013) The Effects of Broadband Internet Expansion on Labor Market Outcomes, Industrial and Labor Relations Review, 66 (2): 315-345.