Creating Competitive Advantages With Healthcare Analytics
With increasing challenges of surging costs, growing competition, and stringent regulation, the healthcare industry is in need of leaders who not only understand the healthcare context but also are capable of utilizing analytical skillsets to lead a new path for operational excellence. The program is designed for professionals who are interested in gaining competitive advantages by applying various analytical tools to create data-driven solutions for complex problems in the health care system. We welcome applicants who are data-savvy with a strong desire to pursue analytical roles in the healthcare industry.
Sign up to our mailing list to receive information about the program.
- 36 credits; 12 courses
- STEM designated program
- Attend full-time or part-time
- Can be completed in just one year (full-time, fast-track only)
- Hybrid format-online and in-person classes (New Brunswick campus)
- Relevant and practical curriculum in analytics, health care, and business
- Experiential and action-based learning through simulations and real-life industrial projects
- Classes taught by experienced healthcare professionals from New Jersey and faculty from RBS, a top-ranked business school
STEM Designated Program
The MSHAI program qualifies as a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) program for international students that are considering Optional Practical Training (OPT). Enrollment in a STEM program may qualify you for a 36 month OPT which allows you to work in the US in a job related to your field of study during the program or after graduation.
For more information about STEM qualifications, please visit the Homeland Security website.
- Director at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
- Regional Laboratory Manager at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Faculty at Thomas Jefferson University
- Founder at Consensus Healthcare Consultants
- Senior consultant at COPE Health Solutions
- Johnson & Johnson
- RWJ Hamilton
- ECG consulting
- Thomas Jefferson University
- Columbia University
- Consensus Healthcare Consultants
- Johns Hopkins Healthcare LLC,
Why a healthcare program at a business school?
Accompanying the transition to a value-based reimbursement model, healthcare organizations face similar challenges as other business organizations in cost, quality, and customer/patient outcomes. Running a solid business with a focus on performance baselines is critical to care providers. Combining top-notch business curriculum from RBS with customized analytics and healthcare course work, our program trains professionals who are competent in addressing challenges in the health care systems.
Interested in learning more? Get a quick update on the facts about the program by watching this webinar video.
Our curriculum is informed by our relationships with industry leaders and top corporate partners, so you are gaining relevant knowledge in real time. Some of the organizations our Industry Advisory Board come from are:
- NY Hospital for Special Surgery
- Robert Wood Johnson Health System
- Atlantic Health System
- Summit Health Medical System
- St Peter's Hospital
- Deloitte Consulting
Certificate in Healthcare Services Management
Not ready to pursue a full graduate degree yet? Find out more about how you can earn a certificate in healthcare services management from Rutgers Business School with just four courses.