Applied Portfolio Management
The Whitcomb Center for Research in Financial Services sponsors Applied Portfolio Management, a capstone MBA elective for students concentrating in Finance. Participants are expected to conduct financial analysis of assigned industrial sectors and provide a professional report of individual stock recommendations.
Each year, the class instructor, John Longo of Cyborg Capital Management and Rutgers University, provides an award of $1,000 for the best student project. The award is named in honor of Professor Ivan E. Brick, co-director of the Whitcomb Center, and David K. Whitcomb, chairman of Automated Trading Desk and Professor Emeritus of the Rutgers Business.
The recipients of the Brick-Whitcomb Prize are listed below. Their reports are available for download in PDF format.
- 2022: Oluwatobi Sanyaolu (Pulte Group)
- 2021: Kingsley Ye (Alibaba)
- 2020: Gregory Gerold (Snap-on) and Graham Lewis (Carnival Corp)
- 2019: David Ham (Acuity Brands) and Vladimir Lucic (Facebook)
- 2018: Adolfo Neira (WestRock)
- 2017: Kashif Anwer (Qualcomm)
- 2016: Alexander Berila (Apple)
- 2015: Elango Chidambaram (Phillips 66)
- 2014: Nicholas Kouyialis (Western Union)
- 2013: Ben Grippi (Apple)
- 2012: Gleb Mikhailov (Carnival Corp)
- 2011: Cliff Roberts (Cisco Systems)
- 2010: Edwin Cambero and Nancy Ondovik
- 2009: Enrico Fernando
- 2008: Anuj Mehta
- 2007: Elena Makovskaya
- 2006: Santanu Chakraborty
- 2005: Shiraz Hasan
- 2004: Chris Ulz and Quincy Jones
- 2003: Dwayne Safer