EPI delivers a powerful blend of intensive training, counseling, financial guidance, peer coaching and networking — all focused on helping you develop a detailed strategic growth plan and the technical, operational and management skills you need to succeed.
Each month, you’ll meet for half a day of instruction and interaction on the Rutgers-Newark campus. Experienced instructors — all experts in their fields — will share hands-on strategies you can begin applying immediately to your business:
- Customer management
- Branding and marketing strategies
- Finance and accounting
- Strategic management
- Business valuation
- Sales Strategy, and more
- If you have a retail or restaurant business you will also be part of the URAP Program and take additional sessions specific to your industry. If you’re an artist, media or entertainment business you will be part of the Newark Business Hub and take additional sessions specific to your industry.
Individual Business Development and Financial Counseling
Each participant will work one-on-one with an experienced counselor to identify challenges and develop a plan to overcome them and grow your business. You’ll also work with a financial counselor who’ll help you understand the financial health of your business. They’ll also work with you to spot and correct potential problems and prepare you to be “loan ready,” whether you’re pursuing financing now or in the future.
Peer Empowerment Group
Learn and grow from the advice and experience of your fellow business owners. Participants will be divided into small peer groups that provide support throughout the program and enhance your professional network.
Business Growth Plan
At the completion of the EPI program, you’ll have a plan of action to grow your business that you can immediately implement. Program participants will have the opportunity to present their growth plans to a panel of local business experts, corporate partners, micro lenders and venture capitalists and receive valuable, actionable feedback. The training and counseling sessions will guide you in creating a powerful growth plan.
EPI participants join the CUEED Alumni Association, receive access to invitation-only events from our program partners, and gain the opportunity to put Rutgers students to work on special projects for your business.
To gain the full benefit of the EPI program, all participants must commit to:
- Half a day training sessions biweekly at the Rutgers-Newark campus
- Additional hours (approximately 6-10) over the nine-month program for business development and financial counseling
- Developing and presenting a customized growth plan for your business
Location & Schedule
The Entrepreneurship Pioneers Initiative runs from April – December. All classes are held at Rutgers Business School, 1 Washington Park, Newark, NJ.