Introducing the Next Generation of Student Leaders to Business Education and Careers
Rutgers Business School – NextUP is a program offered by the RBS Office of Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Access. The NextUP program is a signature program included in the RBS – PLUS (Pathways Leading to Undergraduate and Graduate Success) portfolio.
RBS NextUP is a one-day exploratory pre-college program designed to increase access to Rutgers University, Rutgers Business School, and expose high school students from historically underrepresented and underserved backgrounds to a full range of opportunities available at Rutgers Business School and opportunities within the business sector. RBS NextUP also educates students and families on the college admissions process, including application completion and submission, personal essay writing, financial aid, etc. NextUP participants are introduced to the many benefits of post-secondary education and various careers in business through activities and engagement with students, faculty, staff, and corporate professionals through this one-day experiential learning opportunity.
RBS NextUP participants will have opportunities to:
- Learn more about Rutgers University and Rutgers Business School
- Develop leadership and communication skills
- Develop tools to help overcome challenges
- Increase understanding and appreciation for issues around inclusion, diversity, equity, and access in higher education settings and the broader business community
- Explore various business majors and business disciplines
- Attend workshops by distinguished RBS faculty, staff, students, and corporate professionals
How to Register
Program Timeframe: Fall Semester (September – December)
Application details will be available closer to the program timeframe.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is eligible to apply for the RBS NextUP program?
The RBS NextUP program is open to students from historically underrepresented and underserved backgrounds to include students who identify as African-American, Latino/Hispanic, American Indian/ Native American, or Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander who have a strong interest in pursuing a business major in college and/or business career.
How much will it cost to participate in the RBS NextUP program?
Except for travel to and from the Rutgers Business School campus, all expenses associated with the RBS NextUP program are covered by the RBS Office of Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Access and generous contributions from corporate partners and alumni.
What opportunities are available to students who complete the RBS NextUP program?
Students who complete the RBS NextUP program will:
- Have opportunities to participate in additional RBS IDEA programs and initiatives
- Have priority access to program admission applications
- Have opportunities to earn pre-college academic credits, admissions applications fee waivers, and other college access resources.