Transforming High School Students into Business School Scholars
RBS PREP recruits high-performing high school juniors (11th grade) from historically underrepresented and underserved backgrounds for early exposure to Rutgers Business School, business majors, careers in business, college-level courses, and immersion into life on a college campus. RBS PREP students are enrolled in a college-level business course with other RBS undergraduate students. Students also participate in program enrichment sessions that include college prep and exploration, mentoring, team building, soft skills development, guest lectures from distinguished RBS faculty, staff, and corporate partners.
High school juniors that complete the RBS PREP program earn three (3) academic course credits toward completing their undergraduate education. Program alumni are also eligible for admissions application fee waivers and receive priority access to other programs and initiatives facilitated by the RBS Office of Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Access.
Go on to attend a highly competitive college or university
Average high school GPA
Participate in civic or community service during high school
Participation in the RBS PREP Program will result in several benefits
- The program will help build confidence and self-esteem in the high school students, and the three (3) earned college credits provide motivation and encouragement for students to pursue post-secondary education.
- After completing the program, participants will have increased awareness of college culture, business majors, business careers, and various opportunities available to them as business students and professionals.
- RBS PREP Scholars will leave programming with an increased understanding and appreciation for inclusion, diversity, equity, and access in higher education settings and the broader business community
- The program encourages interactions between high school and college students as classmates and stimulates meaningful mentor/mentee relationships.
- Parents will learn more about the premiere educational opportunities offered at Rutgers University and Rutgers Business School.
- The program supports Rutgers University and Rutgers Business School's strategic DEI goals by attracting high-performing students from historically underrepresented and underserved backgrounds in New Jersey. It also encourages their successful enrollment and matriculation as first-year students.
Program Timeline: Spring Semester (January – May)
Application Deadline: December 19, 2022
- Completed RBS PREP Program Application
- Current High School Transcript
- Application Essay (500 Word Minimum)
- One (1) Academic Letter of Recommendation
- $25 Program Application Fee (non-refundable)
To be considered, applicants must:
- Be a high school junior (11th grade)
- Have a strong interest in pursuing a business major in college and a career in business
- Have a minimum 3.0 GPA
- Identify as a student from a historically underrepresented and underserved demographic
- Exhibit academic ability, integrity, maturity, and intellectual curiosity to manage college-level work.