Rutgers Business School’s Center for Supply Chain Management announce a three-day certificate program developed in cooperation with leading industry experts. This exciting program covers the significant aspects of supply chain management, including strategy, sourcing and procurement, logistics, operations, and organizational alignment. Learn how to execute a strategic supply chain management plan that is grounded in today’s business needs for competitive effectiveness and operations efficiency.
Supply chain management is a business integrating process used to create and sustain a competitive advantage based on the delivery to customers of basic (expected) and value-added (unexpected) services. SCM is led by senior line executives (internal and external) who work together seeking to optimize information, product service, and cash flows from the purchase of raw materials to the delivery and disposal of finished products. Correctly implemented SCM will achieve significant strategic objectives in productivity and quality improvements, cost reductions, development of innovative services, and productive internal and external relationships.
- Principles of supply chain strategy and how to link them to business strategy
- Why SCM must be implemented as a multifunctional process
- Aligning resources and organizations for effective management of the supply chain
- How to track performance over your supply chain
- A full range of world-class SCM benefits—beyond cost reduction
- Considerations in managing more effective internal and external relationships
- How sourcing and procurement affect the bottom line
- Best practices for managing your suppliers
- The green supply chain
- Challenges that result from the globalization of supply chains
- Current trends in operations and logistics management
- Transportation issues
- How to implement strategies that help your supply chain make and deliver your products to the market faster, better and cheaper—all in a highly cost-effective manner
What makes Rutgers' Certificate Program unique and vital?
- Receive a complete “end-to-end” view of the SCM strategy. Sourcing and procurement, logistics, operations, strategy, and organizational alignment.
- This program focuses on communicating practical lessons in supply chain strategy and implementation. Professionals should expect to take away actionable and proven ideas for application tailored to their business.
- Rutgers faculty members, with well-established research records, are carefully selected as seminar leaders based on their areas of expertise and experience.
- The presenters are senior corporate executives with extensive practical experience in the management of the supply chain.
- As a major research university, certificate are meaningful and give qualified participants a competitive edge after completing all modules of the program.
Dates: June 2 - 4, 2020
- Deadline: May 15, 2020
- Tuition Fee: $2,600
- Early registration by March 17, 2020 gets a 10% discount.
Fee includes all instructional costs, program materials, hot breakfasts and lunches. Fee does not include hotel accommodations.
Location: Piscataway Campus @ 100 Rockefeller Road, Piscataway NJ 08854
Rutgers Business School's Center for Supply Chain Management could not have made this program possible without the generous support and cooperation of our member companies. We gratefully acknowledge their unique contribution in the areas of course content, agenda, and lecture presentations. Our sponsors include:
- Air Products and Chemicals, Inc.
- Bayer HealthCare
- Becton Dickinson
- BDO, USA LLC
- Deloitte Consulting LLP
- Johnson & Johnson
- LCV Blockchain Management, LLC
- Marotta Controls Inc.
- MAZARS USA LLP
- Monument Chemical
- Reckitt Benckiser
- Schindler Elevator
Please contact the Center for Supply Chain Management at 973-353-1218 or firstname.lastname@example.org