Each year, Rutgers Business School, in collaboration with the program's board of advisers, selects a handful of students to participate in our prestigious Industry Scholars Program. Indicative of the commitment of the sponsors to the program, Industry Scholars will receive:
- A full scholarship covering in- or out-of-state tuition and fees.
- An internship opportunity at a sponsor company (conditional on satisfactory performance in the MBA program and interview with the sponsoring company).
- The opportunity to attend seminars and on-site programs at pharmaceutical facilities.
- An enhanced opportunity for employment in the pharmaceutical industry.
Applicants wishing to be considered for the Industry Scholars program should:
- Be admitted to the Full-Time MBA program
- Be a U.S. Citizen or permanent resident
- Have a relatively high GMAT score*
- Have an undergraduate GPA of 3.2 or above
- Have three or more years of business experience (work in the fields of pharma, healthcare, and science are preferred)
- Have demonstrated leadership potential
*Note: Applicants holding one of the following degrees are exempt from the GMAT/GRE: J.D., Ph.D., M.D., or PharmD
In addition, applicants should be goal oriented, possess excellent communication skills and have a demonstrated record of superior achievement.
Candidates meeting these criteria are invited for an interview with a selection committee that includes members of the program's board of advisers and/or other representatives from the sponsoring companies. The committee makes the final decision on the awarding of scholarships.
Recent Scholar Profile
- Average GMAT: 707
- Average GPA: 3.6
- Average Work Experience: 5.6 years